Hello, I'm new here--and question about the book.

Body: 

I'm not sure if this is in the correct place, so please move it if its not.

First I want to say hello to all. I'm new here, but have been "lurking" for a week or so now.

I am 4 weeks postpartum with my 5th baby. It was my most difficult delivery, though he wasn't big, he was posterior. My fourth baby was my biggest so far--9 pounds, and #5 was quite small. They were close together and my midwife thinks he just had too much room to swim in there. After number 2, things just felt heavy down there. Then, after this baby, I kept feeling the end-to-pregnancy-urge-to-urinate feeling... except I'm not pregnant anymore. I checked for UTI. No UTI. That's when I discovered the prolapse. I think its a uterine prolapse with a vagocele (spelling?) and cytocele.

When I first stumbled upon this site, the first posts I'd found were for "the posture". Well, I soon found out what "the posture" is... and was happy to know that at least my posture is close to right (I need to work on the shoulders down and relaxed part). I'm from Miami and the erroneous "butt tucked under" posture is not a look we go for much down there ;). I sit right too (except when I'm nursing) I eat well, whole foods and nearly everything homemade-- so, I'm happy with that too. What I'm mostly looking for is specific exercises, new techniques for prevention and repair.

I am interested in buying the book. What I want to know is the content. Is it mostly the nutrition and posture, or is it exercises and specific techniques to repair a prolapse. I feel like I'm too young for this... and its uncomfortable. Are they things that a busy mom can squeeze into her day here and there... or do they require a block of time? And can they REALLY fix the problem and prevent increased prolapse? Tell me all about this fabulous book!

stealing a few minutes away from homework time, so I'll be brief

YES this stuff can really get rid of symptoms, prevent prolapse from worsening adn even reverse it to some degree. it did for me.

I love the book (if you buy it, get the second edition), there are exercises in it as well as nutrition, posture and most importantly a nice description/explanation of what a prolapse is, how it develops and how/why this posture works to reverse & stabilize it.

the dvd is pretty good too. personally, I like the book better for the anatomy & philosophy better, but the dvd is probably a better way to go for the exercise program.

I'm a busy mom of 4 so I know what that's like. personally, I do less than 5 min twice daily of specific 'prolapse' exercises. and of course the posture, which by now is second nature so its all day long.

If you've been lurking here I'm sure you've already read this a bazillion times....4 weeks pp is really really early. go easy on yourself and learn the posture. make sure you fully empty your bladder at least once daily to prevent uti. make sure you do not get constipated and do not ever strain on the toilet.
and try to believe me when I tell you it will in all likelihood get better with time and some effort on your part.

oh, and congrats on the new baby!

I just emailed Christine for a link to a .pdf of the Table of Contents.

Cheers

L

Hi Um Enis
I'm still a relative newcomer - 13wks pp after arrival of baby no 2 and a big rectocele - but I just wanted to endorse G-mom's comments that the book and DVD are definitely worth getting hold of. I read the book first, which was very informative; have only just started on the DVD but it complements the book well, and it's easier to follow the workout and posture directions on the DVD.

I'm doing my workout in the morning after No 1 has gone to playschool and while No 2 has her nap. I only have 2 as opposed to your heroic and impressive 5 so can only imagine how very busy and tired you are, but the beginners workout itself doesn't take long. Hopefully, with a bit of rejigging and help from your other half, you can find a slot to fit it in.

I can also report that while I'm still at an early stage, and I know my physical recovery will take longer than this (though I'm very impatient for it!!) I'm in a much better place emotionally than I was when I first came across this site a couple of months back. Back then I really did feel like my life was over. Now I'm much more confident that I'll attain good quality of life again. Posting and taking part in the WW community has given me a massive uplift and helped me regain that crucial but fragile secret ingredient to getting better: hope.

for now I can hear the caterwauling has started up - No 2 must have finished her nap! Time to go

Wishing you all the very best for feeling much better soon

Mumtogirls London