The 'Watching myself' factor

Body: 

Hey, Ladies,

I have noticed during the past few weeks that being at home with the 3 kiddos (tandem nursing around the clock) makes me a wreck prolapse-wise. Sometimes I just feel sorry for myself the entire day. But if we go to playgroups, playground, or church meetings, or just the regular shopping w/ dh sometimes I 'forget' about my prolapse and my symptoms lessen.
If it is me and my POP again, I fall back, and start to focus on my symptoms. Do I feel it more? Where is the discomfort? Oh, here it is! And it starts all over again. lol

Anyone else with same experiences? Please, share b/c I feel weird.

Hi there Liv
I know exactly what you mean. It's amazing how much 'internal' time one can make for introspection, anxiety, despair etc even when you're 'externally' run off your feet looking after children. For me, I think it's because a lot of childcare is pretty run-of-the-mill and repetitive, even if your kids are lovely (as I'm sure all of ours are!!) so your whole brain isn't absorbed. And when my whole brain isn't absorbed, all the negative prolapse stuff is incredibly efficient at swarming into fill the vacuum. so I always find getting out and doing something makes me feel it less, unless I'm already caught up in a worrystorm, in which case I find I can somehow hold a conversation with someone while simultaneously conducting an internal dialogue about one symptom or another.

I guess in the old days, mums wouldn't have been so socially isolated - we'd have been jointly looking after our kids alongside other mums, and cousins, and aunties, and neighbours and so on; and these informal networks would have been great sources of company and shared experience (probably great for sharing prolapse tips too!). these days I think most mums tend to spend a lot more time alone with their children. And I find that I do sometimes get a bit lonely (though I felt this more with my first than I do currently with my second). You find yourself begging the man who's come to read the electricity meter to stay on for a cup of tea and a chat!

I think I saw earlier that you're in Hungary at the moment? Is that where you're from, or are you living there short, medium, long term?

Mumtogirls London

Hi Clavicula

I wouldn't feel guilty about forgetting your POPs when you go out. I don't think they will sulk from lack of attention. ;-)

It may just be that they are improving and bother you less sometimes, particularly when you are out of that tightly focussed home environment, which is where you store your 24/7 routine with babies and worries about your POPs. Distraction can be a very useful tool for dealing with discomfort. At least your brain has a holiday when it is being stimulated by different things and people. That has to be good. It is a bit strange though, that you don't notice POPs as much when you are out and about. Maybe you should just go out and about more???? Or maybe you constantly have a baby at the breast which makes your uterus come to life and remind you about your pelvic organs constantly?

Cheers

Louise

Hey, Ladies,

Yeah, I DO nurse a lot. Actually, I feed my 2 smallest almost exclusively from my body, i am sure my uterus feels it. :)

And I am really a Hungarian, have never lived anywhere else. I am sure you noticed my fluctuating English, lol.
Liv

Liv, I would never have guessed that you weren't a native English speaker - I'm so impressed by your English language skills. Better than most of us here in the UK!

Mumtogirls London

Cool, thanks! :)
Liv