vaginal prolapse & sea sponges

Body: 

I am new to this site and wish I had found it before I had my hysterectomy. I never heard of a prolapsed uterus, and when I found this thing falling out of my body I was scared to death! I rushed to the doctor and was told that it was a prolapsed uterus. The doctor told me my options were a hysterectomy or a pessary, but it was basically a quality of life decision only I could me. She did show me a pessary but that looked so big I nearly fell of the table! The idea of living with that didn't appeal to me, and I also knew I didn't want this thing hanging out of me either, so I had the hysterectomy. So now, a year and a half later, something isn't feeling right again. I am pretty sure I have a cystocele, since last visit I was told I had a slight, vaginal prolapse. I have been reading the posts and see sea sponges mentioned. I am very interested in trying these, however, can anyone tell me if they have trouble with them sliding out because of vaginal prolapse?

Hi Lily and Welcome!

We have very little information concerning natural alternatives for the post-hysterectomy woman. One of our members, Jocelyn, is very determined to make exercise work, and our member, Frances, has had great success with long-term pessary use. I think the sea sponge is certainly worth a try. Please keep us posted!

Wishing you well,

Christine