Green Coffee Oil

Body: 

Hi, I have been wondering if there would be something that we could drink or eat that could help the ligaments and fascia regain some strenght. I did some research on Pubmed (go to pubmed.com and type 'green coffee collagen' as keywords) and found a recent article saying that green coffee oil stimulates synthesis of collagen and elastin in cultured cells. It doesn't mean it would do the same in a human body but that would be great! I found articles showing that collagen and elastin are less abundant in ligaments of women with POP, which suggests to the authors that it causes POP, althought I am not sure which comes first.

What do you think? Has anyone tried green coffee extract? Green coffee beans are more and more easier to find and oil should also be available.

Wow!! You mean that we might be able to learn something useful from the cosmetics industry? That would be good, especially if they could use up the world's supply of robusta beans, and leave us with only arabica for drinking!! I am impressed.

Cheers

Louise

Hi Louise, I guess something useful can be learned from surprising sources! I just bought some green coffee beans over the net and will use them unroasted to make 'coffee'. The water should not be boiling to avoid destroying some important compounds. I am not a coffee addict but I hope the taste won't be too bad! It has been proven to help lose weight, for those who are interested...