Good News (8 weeks pp)

Body: 

Hello! Everyone is always talking about how you forget to post when things are going well, so I thought I'd break that cycle.

I just had a second doctor visit since finding my postpartum prolapse. This time I was checked by the doctor who delivered my baby girl. I had felt that things had been getting better in the last couple weeks, but wasn't sure if it was psychological or not. I do know that when I discovered the cystocele (5 weeks pp), I could see it simply by squatting and looking in the mirror (it was inside, but I could see it). Today in the shower I noticed that the labia don't open at all when I stand in the same position! Anyway, my doctor told me that it was a pretty mild prolapse (the previous doctor graded it a 2+ on a scale of 1-4) and should not inhibit me from doing anything I want to do (including running!!!) as long as I feel comfortable. Well, I don't feel comfortable with that just yet, but it made me feel SO encouraged to hear that I will be able to someday!

My doctor also took the time to show me what was going on in my vagina--which organs are where, etc. My bladder is actually quite high up--much higher than I had initially thought! It was a very good visit, and I am so thankful to see a bit of progress early on. I am, however, prepared in case the 3 month "dip" happens to me. Ha, I say that now, but I will probably be back on here freaking out if it does--let's be honest! :)

Thanks again, ladies, for all your wisdom and openness! I can't tell you how much it has meant to read all the posts.

mzimm

Hi mzimm, thank you for the update, it's always great to hear the good news and it must be very encouraging to other new mums. I like the idea that your doctor took the time to show you what's what - ignorance of these matters can make it all so much more frightening. I hope that things continue to look up, so to speak. Judith xx