Another update

Body: 

I'm 9.5 months postpartum, I use Whole Woman techniques, and I feel bloody good.

Just wanted to put that out there in light of certain recent posts. I find it amazing that some people have the time and energy to spend picking at something they are already convinced is useless. **Whatever** Personally, if I thought something held no merit for me, I'd spend my resources looking for something that did and leave the "other thing" to those that do appreciate it. I am only speaking for myself here: It costs nothing to stand beautifully. No special equipment or therapist is needed. There are no drugs. It feels good to eat right. Sitting on the floor gets me closer to my baby. What's not to like?

Anyhoo . . . I've added a good daily dose of Omega-3 to the postural work and am finding a lot of positive inspiration in what I fondly refer to as my "Shakira breakthrough." (Millions of drooling men can't be wrong, lol). And things are good. I feel normal! No sloshy feeling when I walk; I can only reach the shadow of my cervix. I feel a little convexity of the front wall still, and sometimes spy a bit of it, but with increasing rarity which I hope only continues. I feel strong and able. I feel sexy.

I hold a slight worry for the 12 hour clinicals I'll be doing as I start nursing school, but I also feel confident that I have plenty of tools to assist me, POP-wise.

I may take a break from the Forums for a while as I delve into school, but I'll be back to report as I reach other milestones in time and healing.

so happy for you that things are changing
I'm sure you'll manage your 12 hr clinicals.
thanks for the update and lots of luck in school!

Thanks for the update badmirror.

I've been wanting to post for a while now, but have been ++ busy with moving, unpacking, guests, and kids. I'm now 7 months postpartum and continue to feel better. Progress is slow, but when I look back to how I felt in pregnancy, and those earlier postpartum months, I am sooo much better. At 3 months pp I stopped wearing my V-2 supporter. At 4 months pp I stopped wearing tampons. Now, my biggest complaint would be vaginal irritation/burning. My prolapse is primarily my lower anterior wall (urethrocele), and I think the burning is the result of dryness from breastfeeding and rubbing. On days where I have no irritation, I can barely feel it (although I know it is still there). It really isn't limiting what I do. I have spent many days on my feet, doing housework, walking the dog, moving (being careful what and how I lift). I honestly thought my prolapse would complain after moving, but it didn't - it actually felt better! I would love for the bulge to be GONE, but I realize it probably won't ever go away completely. I'm okay with that as long as I keep feeling better. My little one still nurses quite a bit, so I'm hoping as she gets on to solids, the irritation will go away.....Anyway, that is my update. I apologize for not posting sooner. By the way as far as what I do to help the prolapse, I've mostly been doing just the posture and some firebreathing/nauli at the end of the day. It has been too crazy to do the DVD, but I hope to get back into it soon!

Take care
Janice

hi janice
have you tried a lubricant? I was using the vulva balm after my last birth. I found it helpful.
glad to hear you're doing well otherwise.

Hi BadMirror

Good luck with your clinicals.

Hi Davemayamom

I have come to the conclusion that a jar of Bliss Balm should be gestated with the foetus and be 'delivered' at birth with the baby. ;-)

Whatever variety of Balm you choose, I am sure that you will be able to overcome the dryness and allow your vaginal and vulval surfaces to slide over each other more comfortably. (It works for peri/menopause which is the same sort of dryness.) Then you won't have to hurry up solids to get your oestrogen levels up again. BTW, weaning doesn't clinically seem to improve POP, even though intuitively it would seem that plumper vaginal tissues should support the pelvic organs better. It is not the plumpness of the surface that matters. It is what is in the background, supporting the vagina itself.

Hey, has anyone tried Replens postpartum? I know it is mainly used by older women, but what about postpartum?

Cheers

Louise