bicycling

Body: 

I am 61 and am thinking about buying an "old lady bicycle" to go around the neighborhood. Is this okay since I have vaginal prolapse? Please answer quick because hubby may want to buy it today!

Hi Meribelle

Tie your husband up firmly, and do some proper research before buying anything. My Dad was like your DH. Even thinking about wanting anything was dangerous because he was so keen to help out. My DH? A different story altogether! And we are not going to go there!

Christine bought a bicycle a while back. It has this wonderful seat on it. http://alamedabicycle.com/itemdetails.cfm?LibId=34499. Hope I have that URL right. The seat is called the Giant Women's Unity Comfort Groove Plus Saddle. Now that's a mouthful. You can see a video of Christine riding her bike in WW posture on YouTube. Her channel is WholeWomanInc.

Good luck.

Louise

Thank you for writing so quickly. I bought a mini trampoline about a year ago and it seems like my prolapse problems started after all my jumping. Anyway, I don't want to make another mistake with my body. I love Christine's book and try to read a little in it every day. Just having the book gives me hope and confidence. I will go to your link now...
mariellen

Jandi
Hi I'm new here. I had np idea such a site existed until I google today! I am due to go to the docs for dicussion of an operation tomorrow.
I had to give up cycling as it became so "raw" causing. I like the idea of this seat, thanks. I'm in Australia so I'll look around, hope!
I have no idea how to find out this WW position on utube. Can someone give me the url please? Thanks

HI Jandi,
Wlcome to WW.

sorry i have to be short, but quickly--Christine's YouTube is
http://www.youtube.com/user/WholeWomanInc

on the right you'll see two videos--one about bicycling, the other an introduction to WW principles. Christine also has a fabulous book and a DVD, all dedicated to helping women live with and even reverse prolapses without surgery. You will also find a wealth of information on this forum, which will tell you more.

What surgery are you due to have? You may find that, having found this site, you want to take a breather and find out more before jumping into surgery. As you will find by reading Christine's work, surgery is not without may possible problems. As so many women have said here before, what do you have to lose trying posture, diet and lifestyle changes to see how your POP(s?) respond, and take it from there.
What is your POP story???

And feel free to ask away--lots of knowledge here, and wisdom of experience...
gotta run, but will check back in later!

Kiki