Pregnant again, hurray... what to expect??

Body: 

Hi all,

I was just not long ago on this forum after not being on for a while talking about thinking about having another baby.....and here I am a few weeks later pregnant, only 5 weeks but for sure I'm pregnant and so happy.
I left even trying for another baby for over 2 years dut to my cycst, rect and uterine prolapses and wanted my body to at least settle and try heal for that time. So now I'm pregnant I'm just a bit worried as to what to expect with this pregnancy as I have been told and read of severel not so nice things that can happen when carrying a baby with my prolapses. I wear a cube pessary and my doctor just said to carry on wearing it for now and she may give me a scan earlier than 12 weeks if I wanted. Will this baby be ok and can anyone thats gone through pregnancy with prolapse please tell me about what I may expect ie. (anything falling out etc) I am so happy about this baby and hopefully I wont have 7 months sickness with this one as I had with my first as all that straining from vomiting will definately do me no good this time. I just pray that I dont worsen too much and will recover well as best as I can.
Any advice, talk, help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks again to this great forum.

Hugs T xx

congrats on the pg!

this is my second pg since finding my prolapse. my experiences both times were very similar.
in the beginnning, my rectocele was very slightly bothering me (it usually is completely asymptomatic) but I attribute this to my changed eating habits due to severe food aversions and nausea, which led to my being slightly constipated.

also, in the very beginning, my cystocele felt like it does premenstrually. which is to say slightly bulgy every now and then. by, I don't know, 18 weeks??? it was completely asymptomatic and higher than usual.

last time around, by the 8th month, I felt generally swollen in the area, not sure what was plain old swelling and what was prolapse related. this time, I don't have that at all (I'm now at 36 weeks).

for the last birth, I birthed on all fours and did not push above what my uterus was doing on its own. I did not have any worsening of my prolapse beyond where it was at its worst (if that makes any sense). by the time my baby was a year old, my prolapse was actually smaller/higher than it was before I got pg.

as far as I know, prolapse doesn't affect the baby at all.

during the pg's I tried to stay in posture as much as I could. by the time by belly was big enough that I couldn't see my feet, it was hard to keep my lower spine/hips/knees where I wanted them, but I'm still 'holding proudly' my head/neck/shoulders. I spend lots of time on my hands and knees, letting my pelvis drop towards the floor. good for circulation, and it just plain feels good. last time I did lots of plies, but this time I've been too tired.

take care of yourself and enjoy your pg!