she's here!

Body: 

our little granolagirl got here early thurs morning
labor started (finally!) at about 11, but I waited until 12 to be sure before I woke dh and he called doula and mw, only because of what happened last time (MW didn't make it in time). I still thought it was too early to call.
so anyway, doula got here around 1230, mw around 1245 and realized she left her doptone at home (she had her fetoscope). so she asked to examine me to see if she had time to run back and get it, at that point, baby's head was not yet engaged (louise??), I was not fully effaced and barely 1 cm dilated. I was pretty mad, because my contractions were hard and regular for two hrs. I hate the numbers.
anyway, baby was born at 3:40 so numbers being what they are, they whole deal was pretty quick.

so, stats:
baby weighs 8 lb 11 oz, our biggest. she's 21.5 in long (not our longest though!) and has got a head full of dark hair. she's a born nursling, took right to the breast, and my milk came in pretty quickly too (fri night). so that's good.

as far as prolapse issues, I wanted to do the same 'no push' thing as last time but there was no way. this one HURT bad on the way out and there was no way on earth I was going to be able to breathe while my body pushed. it was two contractions, two pushes and out with you! I did like the hand/knees position again, the weird cystocele thing was that I felt that my bladder was full towards the end but could not for the life of me empty. right after baby was born I peed all over the place. and that's just so dainty and ladylike, lol.

but no more tears or anything. my perineum feels just fine, no numbness, no swelling, nothing out of the ordinary. haven't gone looking for my bulges yet, probably won't until all lochia stops.

trying to rest up, and I must say I am rethinking the 'stay in bed' thing. it hurts my back to stay in bed too much. mw recommends at least one hr in bed 3 times a day for the first week. that's working well for me. dh is amazing and has completely taken over the care of the house, kids and me.

so that's all for now, will be back when I have some more time

Huge congratulations and thanks for sharing the POP related info. Very helpful for us. Enjoy the early bliss!

Blessed news, darling Granolamom. Bookend girls now grace the sweet Granola household. I am so happy for you and your family. I’m sure we are all looking forward to your pp reports! (((((hugs))))) Christine

I just knew you were going to have a girl! I thought when you hadn't posted in awhile that you must be off having that babe! Congratulations, it sounds like you had a nice birthing experience and a wonderful, healthy baby to show for it. It's so much easier when they are good nursers (my son was lazy, but my daughter knew exactly what to do). Get some rest and keep us posted!

Janice

Congratulations! Your post gives women who want more kids hope (and inpiration, I thought I was done for sure when I found out about my cystocele).

Congratulations and best wishes on the birth of your
georgeous daughter
All children are a blessing but I am sure your daughter will
be an extra blessing.
All the best,enjoy your babymoon.

Flora

warmest congratulations and welcome to life granolagirl! and mom, a rapid recovery and send pictures! you are one of our heros.

lanny

Wow, so cool, another girl!!
Congrats, Gmom, and enjoy the babymoon!
Would love to hear about you often!!
Liv

Oh Granomlamom, could not be happier for you. So glad for a speedy birth, and that all is well. Have a wonderful babymoon, and so glad you are getting to do what you need with your star of a husband around. Enjoy this precious time...

Kiki

Congratulations!!!!!! Welcome to the world little one.

I've been gone so long I didn't even know! Many blessings to you and your family.
Stella

and so quick! sorry about the disappointment at 12:45- didn't last long though did it? lol! I bet she is so beautiful and healthy looking. Rest well and enjoy. I am thinking of you. May you have a mild tempered, wonderfully restful, happy baby.

Oh Gmom, that is wonderful news! I do hope she continues to be kind to you and the rest of your wonderful and lucky family. Well done, all of you.

love from Louise

Been offline for a few days with another computer glitch. Such wonderful news to return to. Have been thinking of you a lot.

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful! Such happy news to wake up to this morning. Enjoy that precious new baby and take good care of yourself! I'm thrilled for all of you! Love, ~Mae

I am so happy for you, that you had and still have such positive support with the birth of your precious daughter.

May you rest well, and enjoy bonding with your wee one, during this special time.

Gentle hugs for you,

Oceanblue

Gmom,

Best wishes to you and to the rest of your family.
A new baby is such a blessing.
I am so happy for you.

Goldfinch

Just wanted to add mine to the long list of congratulations! Blessings to you and the newest addition!

Just another well-wish for you, and a big cheers for your good work! Blessings.

thanks for all the well-wishes!
and so nice to hear from some 'old friends', stella, mae, sue, and flora! and you too, lanny! without you & christine its doubtful my family would have grown beyond three children. truly it is thanks to christine and everyone who posts here that I am able to fully live my life even with a prolapse.

so sappy group {{{{{{hug}}}}}} from a hormonal mama : )

Congratulations!! Sending all our best wishes and a little prayer for good sleep. Hugs!! Keep us posted.

Hi granolamom, rather belated congratulations, I hope that you're thoroughly enjoying this magical time, your account made me feel quite broody. Wishing you speedy healing, may all your POPs be very little ones and best wishes to all your family (I can just picture little granolagirl). Judith xxx

If you have time, please, keep us entertained and posted! lol
I know things are busy with 5 kiddos (OMG! Just typing 5 kids made me sweat!) but please, tell us how things are going!
Liv

no comments from the prolapses
I haven't gone looking for them yet. I'm sort of curious, but then again I don't want to slip back into the checkarama-cycle, kwim?
I'm trying to get back into posture, my low back is bothering me. probably from overstretched ligaments/muscles and poor posture while nursing (I know, I know, but I can't do everything). trying to get the upper body into posture too, but the increased boobage is throwing me off (I don't know how you well-endowed girls manage. I miss my cute little b-cups!)

and 5 kiddos is fun, you should try it! hehehehehe
seriously, dh went to Sabbath services yesterday for a few hours leaving us all home (kids didn't want to go without me/baby of course) and it was raining/windy so we were stuck inside. I thought it would go badly but they were pretty good. the house was trashed, what with all the tent-building that went on, but I got to nap with the baby on the couch so it was a good morning for me :)
and dh cleaned up when he got home :)

Boy, is your hubby a great guy! :)
Good to hear everything goes well. And hey, I really can relate to the boobage thing, when I am not nursing (uhh, it was more than 4 years ago, huhh) I literally have no boobs.
Take care
Liv