cyctocele and pressure over public bone

Body: 

hello everyone.

Just after delivery i had this feeling of pressure over public bone. Did not pay too much attention to it, thought it is normal considering that just given birth. But now, 8 weeks pp the pressure is back. Did anyone else have it? Could this be related to cyctocele that i have? I am scared that it is and that maybe my bladder is slipping down more and more, hence having this pain.... :(

Many thanks,

AK

Hi AK

Did you realise that the body goes from S shape into a C shape at second stage of labour, to allow the baby the least resistance to coming out? Just wondering if your body has gotten backinto that c shape, so you are feeling that same sensation?

Perhaps you are doing a bit more physically now your 6 week checkup has happened, and you aare launching yourself too quickly back into strenuous activity?

Many women report that POP appears after birth, gets worse for a few months, then the real improvement starts at about 4 months pp and continues for a couple of years. You are still very postpartum. Just pull up into WW posture as much as you can to enable your bladder to move forwards and take the pressure off your pelvic floor, and be patient.

Oh yes, enjoy and love your baby. Congratulations.

Louise

Hi Louise

Thanks for your reply. That must be the case, as pressure is more noticable when i just stand up after sitting on the sofa. Must be sitting in C shape, although trying not to...

Have a few more questions, maybe you can help:
Sitting position: I sit on the wooden dining chair when using pc. My back should be straight or I should try to keep S shape to encourage the curve in lower spine? What about legs: one leg on top of another or legs just crossed at the ankles? I also notice that i tend to lean a bit forward when sitting - that can not be right?

Slipping position: I read many times that this does not really matter as all the work is done when we are standing. but should not we be sleeping in the position that would encourage lower spine curve? for example: lying on the back with the only pillow under lower spine (no pillow under your head). Or lying on stomach with the only pillow under your belly so to get the bottom up and so also encourage the lower spine curve? Is there harm when sleeping or maybe just lying some minutes a day in one of these positions?

All fours position: I read in one of the forums that someone after giving birth was standing a lot on all fours. In my understanding that makes sense as bladder will move forward? Or there is harm in standing like this? If not, is it knees and elbows or knees and palms and trying to make the curve as better as possible? Also, would it be beneficial to do kegel while standing like this?

Sorry for asking so many questions, just have this feeling that i am doing everything wrong.. :(. Can not wait for the book and dvd to arrive.

Many thanks in advance

AK

just popping in for a minute here, as I'm newly pp myself
sitting positions, I tend to favor sitting at the edge of my chair, feet flat on the floor. allowing the spine to curve as it would if I were standing.

sleeping position, I happen to like to sleep on my belly and would imagine that's probably good for a cystocele, but had to stop sleeping that way during my pg for obvious reasons and now pp, its terribly uncomfortable for the breasts. I try to sleep sidelying. but really, wouldn't worry too much about sleep positions. as long as your getting some sleep you're doing well!

I like all fours position. I can stretch my back, take pressure off my legs, allow my pelvis to move freely. yes, it allows the bladder to fall forward and that is a good thing. knees and elbows or palms doesn't matter I don't think. play with it and whatever feels right to you is probably good.

I don't kegel much, usually just while sitting upright.

keep asking questions

ah kids are looking for me

congrats on the new baby!

Hi AK

1 Granolamom knows what she is talking about!

2 Sitting. The only differences between sitting and standing are that your femurs are at right angles to your torso, and that your butt adds a third point of stability, so sitting is probably more easily stable than standing. I like to spread my weight relatively evenly between feet and butt, so I wear longish skirts so that I can always (usually) sit how a lady should never sit - with my feet firmly planted on the ground, about shoulder width apart, and my knees apart. This spreading of weight means that I actually have much of my weight on my sit bones (ischeal tuberosities) and thighs. My coccyx is well above the surface of the seat. The seat I use most, at my desk, has on it, under a fat cushion, one of those semi-inflatable rubber disks, usually used for balancing exercises when you are building up knee or ankle stability during injury rehabilitation. I do sit slightly forward on this. It cuts down the hardness of the chair, and allows my body to find its own comfort position.

3 Sleeping position. I try to keep my hips and shoulders parallel because my SI joints are, and have always been, a bit unstable. That is about it. When you are horizontal, gravity is acting through the front, back or side of your body, so your organs cannot get anywhere near your vagina. The important thing to do is to position your organs in your pelvic area before your rise to vertical. That means bending forward from the hips as you rise to move your bladder and uterus forward over the pubic bone . No tummy tucking as you rise. Then uncurl to upright and unbend your knees last. This is also better for your knees than rising with straight back and tucked butt, using only your thigh muscles.

4 All fours. You have that right. There is no need to accentuate the curve. Just wriggle it around a bit to allow your organs to find their place. They will slip forward, inwards and towards the ground all by themselves.

The aim of all these postures is to let the body relax into its correct orientation. There should be no tucking of tummy or butt, because that implies contracting certain muscles. Think about it. How can a *neutral* spine result from conscious contraction of muscles in the tummy and butt???? Anyone who says to tuck your butt slightly to get your spine into a neutral position is, in my humble opinion, talking through their you know what!! It just makes no sense, unless the meaning of the word neutral has changed recently. ;-)

Of course you feel like you are doing everything wrong. Your brain is trying to hold on to the ways you have been taught! Now, for very good reasons, it is time to reeducate that brain of yours, just as we all have had to. It is a long term project. When you have read the book and seen the DVD, the reasoning will all drop into place like a jigsaw puzzle, then you will be in a better position to reeducate your body, and allow it to be as it wants to be.

Keep calling back.

Louise

Hello again,

thanks very much for taking your time replying to my questions. I get a lot clearer idea now. Sitting is sorted out (i think), sleeping is not an issue, staying on all fours is really cool. Trying to walk in WW posture - this is quite hard but getting there (i think). The last question is - how to breathe when in WW posture?

I found one post where someone says something like learning to breathe so not to blow you organs out is essential but does not explain how to....??? please help..!!

Thanks so so so much for your support, knowledge and understanding!!!

AK

Hi AK

That was probably me.

Find the thread called "How do I get my Uterus position correct", started by s1u2e3 a few days ago. I think that is the description you are talking about.

I also explained to someone a few days ago under a topic about how WW posture supports rectocele. You can probably find it by going to my profile and the Track tab, then click on each topic and use your browser's Find function to look for "winding up" or "rectocele" or "stretch" or "rectocele stretch".

Post again if those posts still don't explain it.

Louise