Our Hawo Grain Mills are here!

Body: 

Hello Everyone,

Please visit the WW store to see our new flour grinders. I have wanted to offer these to our community for EVER, but it took a while to be able to do so. I have been using Hawo mills for almost 20 years and absolutely love them. They are very expensive, but the result is finely stone-ground flour at the flip of a switch.

Enjoy!

Christine

Christine, I assume they are mains powered. Are they wired for the USA grid (120V?)? We have 240V power in Australia. I guess we just use an adaptor at the powerpoint? Or can we get them with our familiar three pin plug?

Louise

hi louise,

unfortunately, this is a bit of a complicated question, more complicated than it ought to be.

we buy the mills from a distributor in california that imports hawos from germany. they also manufacture their own line of juicers. they have international distributors for their juicers so they won't ship their products overseas because it would violate their distribution agreements with their own distributors. their distributor in australia is raw-pleasure.com.au which is a raw food site and therefore don't carry flour grinders since they presumably don't think you should be eating flour (raw flour doesn't sound very appealing anyway).

our distributor has to send the mill to us and then we have to ship it. naturally, since they only sell the mills in the US, they only carry 120V versions. hawos in germany makes mostly 240V machines for the european market. i think the best bet is to see if we can order one for you from germany and have them drop ship it to you in a 240V configuration. it would be useful to know precisely what your standard plug looks like, however, just to be safe. in the US, 240V is mostly used for industrial or high load residential (e.g. clothes dryers) applications and there are at least half a dozen plug configurations that i know of for that voltage. checking wikipedia, it appears that your standard household socket looks rather like a sad-eyed face with a vertical mouth. does that sound right?

let me know if you'd like me to follow up on this. since we have so many international members at whole woman, i will talk to the folks in germany anyway to see if they will work with us for non-us orders and voltages.

sorry for the difficulty! we'll figure it out.

all the best,

lanny

Thanks Lanny

Yes, ours is the sad-eyed face. I will let you know if I decide to order. I am still thinking about grain mills. And thanks for the info on rawpleasure.com.au.

Cheers

Louise