walking

Body: 

I've been given a new pair of thongs (flipflops?) for Christmas, and the heel is lower than the toe by 3.7 degrees. This means when you wear them you are always walking up a slight incline. i think the idea is you use more leg muscles and burn more calories than if you were walking on a flat surface. I'm fairly new to this trying to look after my prolapse thing, and haven't really worked put how to "listen' to it yet. So, does anyone have any ideas as to wether walking on a slight incline would be bad for my POP? And how would it affect the position. It was a really sweet present given that I have stopped all the exercises I was doing prePOP and I would love to use them.

Also, is there any position lying down that helps move the organs forward? Should I lie on my tummy, or on my side? I'm trying to rest everything, but lying on my back seems a little counterintuitive.

thanks ladies,
Emma

Hi Emma

I can see that the flipflops could be good from a leg point of view, especially if you habitually wear heels that are higher than the toe of the shoe. Balances it all up a bit. I can't see any problem from a POP point of view.

I cannot figure out why any shoes have a heel higher than the toe, even really expensive shoes that are supposed to be therapeutic! High heels are sometimes nice to wear but I wouldn't wear them regularly. I get away with no shoes when I can, or flipflops outdoors in warm weather and Ug boots in winter. I figure that God gave me the feet I have, the shape they are, for a good reason. Who am I to decide that heels should be higher than toes?

As for lying down, I don't really think it makes too much difference. Gravity is working sideways when you lie down anyway. It is what we do when we are upright, and under load, that will either protect or saboutage our bodies. The only exception I would make to that statement would be to discourage a mother who had just given birth from lying propped on pillows that would drive her uterus towards the vaginal opening. I think she is much better off lying flat on her back or tummy (to bring her uterus forwards) or on her side, especially if she has hay fever or chronic coughing.

L