Whole Woman Village Post and General Update

Body: 

Hi all. It's great to have the site back up! We're still working on the membership system and appreciate the patience of those who have expressed interest in becoming Village members. I should have it up by Monday.

Please be sure to let me know if you run across anything that doesn't work, is inconvenient or problematic. I should have the Whole Woman logo (above) linked back to the Village Center over the weekend.

I also realized that all of Christine's blog posts, which have been moved over to the Whole Woman Village Post, were basically inaccessible because i neglected to put a directory on the sidebar. if you take a look, you'll see a new drop down directory on the right sidebar just above Christine's science article. The menu is arranged by date and not subject but i've also put up a search box so you can search by topic.

Remember the suggestion box in the town hall. We've got a lot planning to put in place over the next 2 1/2 months but your thoughts and ideas are always welcome.

All the best,
Lanny (the DH, webmaster, etc., etc.)

I have recently attempted to use my pay-pal account. They requested updated information, including my checking account number. I wonder why pay-pal needs this information. It made me very uncomfortable. I was wondering if Whole Woman memberships could be purchased in your store and paid for with credit card, check, or even bank transfer? Please, help me become a member.
Thank you.

hi melhop,

i don't believe you have to give your checking account number to paypal. they just want a credit card to charge to. generally in a form like that you will see an asterisk or some other indication of the fields that are mandatory and what is not. paypal is a very reputable organization with millions of members worldwide. we chose to use it for membership because our membership system does not have an interface with the whole woman store.

i suggest two options: first, take another look at the paypal update screen. chances are good that your checking account number is not required. alternatively, if you'd like to send a check, we'll sign you up at our end. our mailing address is in the town hall on the bulletin board.

so sorry you're having difficulty. we chose paypal in hopes that it would be the simplest and most reliable way for people to sign up. please shoot me an email (you can do it through the forum) if you have any further questions or difficulties. thanks.

lanny

Its good that you were able to answer Melhop on this Topic. It will become good fodder for membership FAQ's.

L