exercise and your period

Body: 

hi all,

i know this probably has been asked already, but besides firebreathing, is it o.k. to do all of the other exercises on christine's dvd?

thanks! -lalita

I don't think we know really about the abdominal vacuum type exercises
I have a friend who does them (nauli) when she has her period and she swears that her periods are much shorter.
I know I tried too early postpartum and had some very bright red blood gushing- so I quit and gave it a while.
There was some talk somewhere (not sure if it was here or not) that you could potentially force some uterine material into the fallopian tubes or something crazy-
Yes to all the rest! But then again, if you listen to Louise, your period is a special time (like a mini birth) and you have a license to just relax and do what feels good. So if it feels good, do it!

alemama,

thanks for the response. but, i have to change my question because today i found out i am pregnant with my fourth child. i can't believe it! just when i thought....maybe i should be happy with three because of my prolapse....and wham....positive pregnancy test. my youngest is 9 months. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ME! i am 40 so....no time to waste. hopefully this experience will not make my prolapse worse (i am trying not to freak out about delivery and PUSHING) but, overall my partner and i are thrilled :) -lalita

Congratulations! I hope you are able to adjust OK. It might take a while. Just chill for a bit. I don't want to scare you but I had an unexpected pregnancy, at age 40, which ended in miscarriage a few weeks later. I just got used to the idea of having a fourth baby when it all fell in a heap, so I had to unadjust again. The unadjusting was easier, as the embryo never developed past being a mass of tissue, so there was no loss of a potential baby.

Here's hoping the pregnancy proceeds OK. I am sure you will be in for some short and medium term challenges for your POPs, but longterm you will be fine, certainly better off than the last pregnancy.

All the Mommas who have had more babies after POP will lead you through it.

Louise

louise,

thanks so much and sorry to hear about your loss. did you ever try again to get pregnant? -lalita

Thanks Lalita. No way! Three was enough for us. Our first two were conceived through infertility treatment, the third was a wonderful spontaneous surprise, and this last bit of a pregnancy was slack condom use, a fact I have never omitted to tell any of our kids as they entered the sexual part of their social lives! No unexpected pregnancies involving our kids so far, so some good has come out of it.

I seem to be able to make light of it now, but it was frightening at the time.

Yes, the miscarriage was finally enough to convince DH that it really was vasectomy time. He didn't argue any more. Snip. Good move. ;-)

L