posts to personal stories

Body: 

just getting to know the way around the village. I am sooo grateful for the information support and help.

I do find the village a little tedious to get around but then i have to use a satellite connection which is slower than broadband ( a minor drawback of life in a rural area in australia).

My query is - is the forum for personal stories meant to be for members who have been involved for some time to share their journey - not for newbies to post? It appears that newbies are posting to this forum.

Hi Gardengirl,

Thanks for bringing this up. Yes, the original intention for that forum was for members established in the WW methods to post their experience and results with the work. Louise and I moved post after post until we sort of gave up. I think perhaps if we change the wording (it has already been changed at least once) in the header, maybe more people will understand the purpose of that forum.

:) Christine

how about that?

:this forum is open to members who have been practicing wholewoman for at least 1 year. Tell us your story!

Thanks, Alemama...Louise is in charge of this forum, so let's see how she feels about the changes.

I was wondering if i shared with you a user's experience with the Whole woman web page, if that might help understand why some newbies end up posting their personal story on the personal stories site.

If I click on "forms" on the left side of my screen, it takes me to a page with explanations of the forum type. That is fine as "personal stories" tells me it is for experienced whole woman users. Provided a user takes the time to read the blurb.

If I click on "create content", I end up with a drop down menu to choose the relevant forum and "personal stories" is listed with the others with no explanation. Changing the name may help.

Perhaps the use of it by newbies, highlights a need that being able to tell ones personal story at the beginning of this journey, is what woman want and a title that says "personal story" fits the bill.

Just a thought.

Hi Gardengirl and all the other lovely ladies

(I am also rural Oz, but I have wireless. I call it my microfibre connection!) ;-)

Oh, good grief! I didn't realise we had so many topics in the Members' Personal Stories Forum that belong elsewhere. That definitely means that the Forum is not correctly named. I need to sleep on it and figure out a new name for it, then move the topics that belong in other Forums.

Otherwise there is little point in having a Forum which has a series of Wholewoman biographies where Members can read a woman's whole prolapse story from beginning to end, as inspiration and evidence that WW works.

Tomorrow. I am too stuffed now. Zzzzzz.

Please put on your collective thinking caps and help me come up with a name that better reflects its purpose.

Louise

Maybe call it "success stories?" That's what they seem to be :-)

Thankyou, Bad_Mirror. You must have benefitted from my sleep more than I did.

Do we have any other bids? Any extra words needed?