Confused -please advise

Body: 

Hi , I am new to this site and really glad I found you ! Am a fit and healthy 65 year old who has had a prolapsed uterus for a few years now. Each time I go for my check up the consultant brings up the subject of surgery and each year I tell him I will think about it ! But after reading some of the posts here it has really terrified me. My prolapse isnt terrible but I do feel a lump down there and some days are worse than others. I try not to get constipated, eat healthily and do yoga , but there are days when I say "have had enough"
I've not yet ordered the dvd/book and am not sure what the way forward is - please can you ladies out there post some advice

thanks

Hi Maxine

Glad you found us, to balance up your doctor a bit. I am wondering what it is that you have read here that has terrified you? I didn't think we were that scarey, well not most of the time anyway. ;-)

Louise

hi maxine, I am and fit and healthy 57 year old who does most of the right things but I developed a cystocele. This had me freaked out. I ordered the book and DVD a couple of months ago. They are becoming very worn and used. I highly recommend both. The DVD is simple and basic but you will find the book very enlightening and essential reading if you are considering surgery. The book is overwhelming a bit at first as there is so much depth in it but read a bit here and there, come back to sections. Digest a bit at a time.

I am new to this site and info too but I can give only the highest of praise for Christine's work.

Hi Louiseds and Gardengirl, Thanks for your comments. Don't worry I really meant what can possibly happen after surgery is scarey, it really has made me realise that is not the path I wish to go down.. So I will order the book and dvd and take charge of my own body. I suppose it is not their fault but doctors and consultants I have spoken about make light about the whole procedure as though it is as simple as 123 and never give you the full picture.
Anyway thanks for your replies I am sure I will be logging in often.

Maxine

You sound pretty clear to me, maxine23! It must be pretty daunting to be faced with what you are experiencing, but it seems to me that you know you don't want surgery and you know you want your prolapse to improve. Getting the book and DVD is certainly a move in the right direction. Thank goodness you still have your uterus!!! Interesting dichotomy to be grateful for the very thing that is causing you grief, but as you learn more you will see how integral it is for your health and well-being. Stick around here, read all you can, and ask any questions! Let us know how you go with the book and dvd.

Yes, there is light at the end of the tunnel. I discovered this site and ordered Christine's book during a very scary weekend shortly after I turned 60. I had a mild prolapse I'd been largely ignoring (in fact, the word wasn't even in my vocabulary yet). It seemed to be taking a turn for the worse. I was terrified and needed someone to explain what was happening to my body. The only person I could think of to consult was an older cousin I knew who'd had surgery. It turned out she'd had three or four surgeries, including hysterectomy, and although she didn't share any horror stories, she also didn't think that any of it had helped.

In the weeks since then, I've read the book from cover to cover. I keep it by the bed and dip back into one chapter or another, practically every night. So far, I've mainly been working on the posture, and noticing the importance of the acute or right angle of the body during certain activities. I know there is much more that I need to incorporate into my life before any more time goes by. But I can say, that discovering Christine's work at this crucial time has turned my life completely around. Thank you to all, and keep it up.

So glad you have purchased the book, and are taking your time to read it bit by bit, and dip back into it when you need to. It is quite technical in parts and you just need to let it all soak in. It is wonderful that you are experiencing some success already and that you can understand why it is working.

Keep calling back to discuss aspects of it. You can also use the Search box to find other conversations we have had on the Forums in the past about topics you are interested in.

Louise