Vaginal Prolapse

Body: 

I am new to the forum, so hello from Canada.
I have a specific question regarding Christine's book.
I have been diagnosed with Vaginal Vault prolapse.
In the book, I interpret it that this condition needs to be treated
surgically. I certainly hope this is not the case as I really
don't want to go down that road. Is Christine's program
workable for me or have I misunderstood the meaning?
I hope someone can get back to me.
Zast

Hello to you far far up there in Canada. I'm way under you.
gosh I'm not sure- Have you ever had surgery before?
Vaginal Vault prolapse is really rare right? mostly I've read of it being a surgical complication.
Can you give a bit more information about what is going on with you? Can you see your cervix?
I bet with a little more information you will get great answers.

Hello and welcome, Zast,

Do I understand this to mean you've had a hysterectomy?

:) Christine

I am now 56 yrs and had only my uterus removed at 36 yrs of age.
Zast

Alemama:
I had a partial hysterectomy at 36 yrs, still have my ovaries.
I am now 56 years old and this started about a year ago.
My gynecologist was short on information. She gave me premarin
cream to use twice a week as the walls weren't healthy enough
to suture anything to. She told me to use the cream for 4 months
and then come back and see her. She referred to the condition as
Vaginal Vault prolapse and that there are two possible surgical
procedures that could be done. 1) Sacrospinous fixation with
cystocele, rectocele repair or 2) Sacrocolpoplexy with mesh abdominal incision and 3) Pessary.
I have since researched these options on the internet and am not
interested in either of them. Not sure about the pessary.
Anyway, I haven't had any recent surgeries but I do Flamenco Dance
and this may have contributed to the timing ot the prolapse. It's not all
the time and I have been doing the fire breathing and posture which
do help I am sure, it's just a matter of making it a way of life.
Everything else seems normal, yes I can see my cervix.
Hope this info helps for responses.
Zast

The surgeries are terrible. I believe WW techniques are the best post-hysterectomy women can do - but this doesn’t mean they will stabilize all post-hyst prolapse. I would certainly look into the pessary. Good luck and let us know how you do.

Christine

P.S. I would be thrilled if strong WW posture allowed stabilization while dancing as well as the rest of your activities. Classic Flamenco *is* WW posture! I live in the heart of Flamenco territory and am always astonished (and it is common) when I see Flamenco students with weak posture - it really makes all the difference, aesthetically.

Christine, I wholeheartedly agree about flamenco posture vs what students do while they are not dancing. I have listened to my bellydance teacher harassing us about our posture, then I have watched the women dancing in the mirrors and seen their beautiful dancing posture. Then I watch them again in the half time break, and some of them look so slouched over that I want to scream at them!

Good posture is 24/7. It is not an "aesthetic optional extra" outside of class time.

Having never seen your posture Zast, this is definitely not a personal dig at you. It is simply an observation of my own classmates, and an exhortation for all dancers.

If your dance posture is so strenuous that you cannot maintain it in real life, then maybe your dance posture is too extreme, or there is some physical reason why you cannot maintain it (like surgical alteration to your physical, geometry).

If you cannot maintain it, then it may not be 'good' posture (see previous paragraph), but that is no reason to slouch for the rest of the time.

Why would any woman stand, walk and sit in ways that prejudice her long term health? Australians who are now 65 will statistically live until they are 94. That's a long time to be expecting your body to hold up without our helping it now! A woman of age 65 is only 2/3 of the way through her life. She needs to maintain her body for another 30 years!!!

Hope you can get some benefit from Wholewoman, Zast.

Louise