LS and Lyrica Treatment

Body: 

Hi everyone,
Just want to let all of the LS sufferers know that I have had very significant improvement in my LS symptoms from taking oral Lyrica and I have only been on it for two weeks. This drug is prescribed for fibromyalgia, a thought to be auto-immune condition. All my itching and pinching is gone and I finally after one year feel normal again!!! I am also taking DIM and estrace.
Just wanted to share! deb

Hi Deb,

Yes, LS certainly effects nerve cells (where other than the brain do we have a higher concentration!) and I'm not surprised that this nerve block reduces your symptoms. Like so many pharmaceuticals, however, it does not come without a heavy dose of side effects.

I wish you well and hope with this support that your remission continues indefinitely.

:) Christine

Hi deb,
Glad you are finding relief. I know about that desperate search for relief and the desire to be itch free!
Does it just block the itch, or actually stop the LS? is the skin going back to normal? Just out of curiosity, did you try the MSM in the end? Curious how anyone else gets on with it.
i had a blissful itch free week, and it was great! slowly returning, need to figure out why. i am taking MSM, red clover tincture (tea wasn't doing it so homeopath gave me tincture to try to keep it going), homeopathic remedies, and i cut out dairy. also had a horrid yeast infection which i treated conventionally to get relief as i wanted to figure out if the others were working (new homeopathic regime this month).
something then worked as i got a great week off, and it's still mild, but a bit back. so now which factor is it? ate a bit of dairy? yeast returning? the journey to an answer is so tricky...do you plan to stay on this? or wean off and keep trying alternatives? I don't know anything about Lyrica, but do worry about side effects with anything...
keep us updated on how you are doing / what you try.
Kiki

Hi Kiki,
The grey patches of skin so characteristic of LS seem to be disappearing, so that is really good news. The side effects don't seem to be so terrible. I had a 7 year bout of fibromyalgia many many years ago that I got completely under control using Paxil. Now that had severe side effects but once I was off of it they subsided. I don't really have any obvious side effects from the Lyrica. I will probably try at some point to go off of it, but for now I want to enjoy these wonderful results for a while! deb