uterine prolapse and mini pill

Body: 

I have been on the mini pill for 4 days and this is now the 3rd day that my prolapse hasn't come out of my body! Woohoo! At first I thought it was the sex but I doubt that would still be helping today! Has anyone else ad this experience? Is it just a coincidence or is there perhaps something to it???

What is a mini pill?

Heavenly

can you take the mini pill if you breast feed? Is there really and need for birth control while breastfeeding? I can see why the prolapse is improved as progesterone will change the quality of the pelvic tissues.
Melly

The mini pill is a birth control pill but is very different in that it contains no estrogen. It contain progestrone in low dose. Breastfeeding moms are the main users of the mini pill as it is safe for your breastfeeding baby. There is some rish that it can inhibit ur milk production but that isn't in all cases. If I notice a difference I will stop immediatly...

I am breastfeeding but that doesn't mean I cannot become pregnant. The idea that a breastfeeding mom isn't fertile is incorrect. I have many friends who can prove it to be false.:)

I don't know if it is the Mini Pill But I do know that it CAN help 4 days after having sex. As a couple/few years ago my ex and I did a tester (all scientifically of course) of sex and its affects on the POP - And days after (anything up to a couple of weeks) it did help amazingly.

At that point I think I was at a stage 3 POP. Luckily now - I don't have anything like the problems I did back then and I reckon I am maybe a stage 2 (No longer peeking or being a nuisance)

I am glad it has helped :-)

my guess is that it is coincidental, but almost irrelevant. important thing is the improvement!
from my understanding of the minipill (I was on it between my first three babies) is that it doesn't affect your cycles really. the progesterone make the environment 'hostile to sperm' and prevents implantation of fertilized egg.
I would be really surprised if progesterone could have any sort of effect on POP.
more likely it was a combo of the sex (good stuff!), pp healing, and whatever postural work you've been doing
and I'm with you...would NOT rely on bf as bc. even with exclusively bf a cosleeping baby, feeding on demand and never a pacifier, I got my period back at 4 mo this time (7 mo last time). and period = fertile, so taking no chances over here.

Yay for the improvement!

But I second granolamom, it is not the minipill IMHO.
Sex is a big big helper for me, maybe that did the trick.

Keep up the good work!
Liv