Hello Everyone

Body: 

I just wanted to chip in to say 'hi' and thank you all so much for being here. I have already read through pages and pages of this wonderful forum and every time it is like a shot in the arm - so encouraging and heartening. Encouragement is something I'm so greedy for right now, having had my symptoms worsen considerably this past week and scare me silly. I'm working to try and calm the fear and just take one small step at a time. Today I actually managed to look at myself in the mirror! This is a real step forward as I've been terrified of what I might see there. I was petrified I would see my cervix sitting there spooking me out, but, thankfully, no. Pretty much everything else, but not my cervix! Thank God for that.

I'm reluctant to go to my GP for a 'diagnosis' as I don't fancy being poked and prodded around. I'm fairly sure that I don't really need notes on my medical card in order to make progress, and I certainly don't want to be bullied into seeing a consultant - I picture this imaginary medic in a white coat, standing there waving his evil mesh and stitching needle, waiting for me to feebly give in to his 'improvements'...

So, I anticipate being around quite a bit. I have loads of questions and loads of wobbly tearful moments each day as I come to terms with this. But firebreathing rocks! Love love love it. I feel like a warrior sister.

Looking forward to talking more with you all.

x

: ) hello. I think you might be on a different time zone like I am?

Anyhow, I totally get your not wanting to be poked and prodded. I, my mirror (when at 6 weeks pp I still felt really odd down there and had to see why) and google are what diagnosed me, then I simply verbally confirmed things with my mwife, but wouldnt let her look. Had already found ww and knew that was going to be my way, so...

here's a hug for your wobbly moments... (()) Thanks you too, for being here...

Hey Octaviel and Squeak and other new POP discoverers,

Having a look in the mirror requires more bravery than pulling out a big splinter. Congratulations to both of you for being brave and and overcoming the fear of your own body. (elephant stamps all round!)

Having had a good look, I would now encourage both of you to not look again for at least a week, then extend that time to only once a month. No cheating. Having a look can be a bit addictive, but it is not helpful if done too often because the changes happen so gradually. It can be really dispiriting if done too often because you won't have see much improvement over a week. Just get on with getting your posture, clothing, working spaces, food and exercise done and let your bodies do their recovering unobserved. Frequent peeking (aka 'checkarama') doesn't make it get better any quicker!

A good substitute for checkerama is noting when you do and don't experience any symptoms in your vulval area while you are going about your day. Diary it every few days if you must, so you can see the progress later on.

I am not saying that you shouldn't have a feel with your fingers. That is sometimes quite a useful exercise so you can associate a sensation with what you feel with your fingers in different bodily positions. eg feel from the front with pelvis tilted back then feel from the back in WW posture, and you will literally feel your bladder sliding forwards when you get into WW posture. That's what I call useful!!

Bye for now.

Louise