Another UK Newbie

Body: 

I've had a cystocele for several years and one evening I was feeling particularly fed up and I "found" this wonderful site - thank you. I purchased the DVD and book and try to exercise most days - I find the firebreathing and WW posture a great help but I know I'm guilty of not resting enough. I have good and bad days - the bad days coincide with being on my feet all day, usually with the grandchildren - I'm really making an effort to change this. I'm 68 years old but don't feel it (except on days when it all goes south) and I would like to be more active. I play badminton weekly and on that day I rest before I go - I also bend over to "tie my trainer laces" a few times during a game if I need to!!! Believe me, that helps a lot. Keep up the good work ladies.

Glad to see another lady from the UK on here! I'm quite new too but you certainly get a warm welcome from me! Love your idea about tying laces - I'm going to do it at work tomorrow. All good wishes for your continued activity. x

It is amazing the tricks we can come up with, and why not!

Fleur, I hope we can help you to find ways of doing things with your grandchildren without upsetting your POP's. How old are they? Are there particular activities that you think are problematic, or is it just being on the go all the time?

Hi Louise,

Many thanks for your welcome.

I have 3 grandchildren aged 3yrs, 2yrs and 10 weeks. Of course, I want to pick them up and cuddle them but now I try not to lift the 3 & 2 year olds - I kneel down or sit with them on my knee. In the past the problem has been that I've been on my feet almost all day - but in the last week or so I've made a determined effort to have a rest each day. Trouble is I've never been one for sitting down and twiddling my thumbs. In the house I avoid any heavy lifting. From what I've read in the various threads, life with POPS can be variable.

I'm keen to try and make some sort of balm as I've just finished the Bliss Balm bought via Wholewoman. Has anyone had any success with this?

I get great comfort from this site - it is so informative.

Fleur.

Hi Octaviel,

I've just been reading your first post and must say that I can identify with so much of it. In a subsequent post you report some improvement and that's great. I find the fire-breathing very helpful - I do so many first thing in the morning and. throughout the day, each time I spend a penny, I do a set of ten. I practise the "rocking" on all fours which is quite a relief, especially at the end of the day. Here's to progress.

Fleur.,

Hi again Fleur,

Yes I have definitely experienced some improvement since starting the WW program, it is fantastic to now feel I have a resource to turn to when it gets bad. Just knowing about how the posture works is a comfort, it feels like money in the bank. I hope you get to feel the same way soon.

It is so difficult not to pick up toddlers isn't it! My granddaughter immediately wants to be picked up when I cook and see what's going on. Like you I try to kneel or sit but quite often she just wants to be up. I'm having to be really disciplined as I'm certain it's too much poor lifting that's made everything worse recently.

I'm off to do the DVD now! I find Christine's voice so calming and that's what I need - to lose the fear and find some peace.

Best wishes to you x