Let us give thanks and praise

Body: 

I just finished watching the WW dvd and look forward to learning all the moves. I remember when I was child my mother would get upset when I would stand for fittings in her sewing room and said I was sticking my belly out on purpose. I have to laugh at that memory now because I realise that the way I was standing is what my body was designed to do. I felt a sense of pride while watching the women on this dvd and am reminded once again of my inner beauty and strength as a woman. Something that I did not grow up with in my family system. This WW experience is providing me with not only valuable insight and information but also come to me as a gift and a blessing. I am ready to embrace the feminine Godess within with pride and respect Christine's courage and fortitude to persevere through her own experience with prolapse so that other woman could beneift and live full and happy lives. Thanks Christine and God Bless.

Hear, hear!! I feel like a woman at last.

I used to have a very sticky outy belly and a sway back as a little child. Maybe that is why I am able to do WW posture so easily now, and why I have had so much success. Hope you will have the same success, Angel.

I am not sure whether it is a good idea or not to wait until the antibiotics are finished. I guess it depends on whether or not the bacteria in the probiotic are susceptible to the antibiotic you are taking. I don't know how you find this out. Antibiotics are often pretty specific about the bugs they will kill.

Louise

Thanks Louise. I hope I will have the same level of success you have had with your prolapse. I don't find it hard to pop out my belly. I have weak abdominal muscles and sometimes I find that when I relax my lower abdominal muscles I have to draw up my upper abdominal muscles or the whole thing sticks out. Tried walking in posture today and I wish I had someone beside me telling me if I am doing it right. I just try to remember all the things I am supposed to do and relax into the posture without over thinking it. If my upper back hurts (between shoulder blades) what am I doing wrong? Is it because I have weak back muscles and abdominal muscles? What do you think? I am 5'1" and 150 lbs. I don't know if my size and weight have any impact on doing the posture corrrectly. I have had two bad falls on my tailbone. One when I was a little girl. I fell off of a table when the legs gave out and fell flat on my butt on concrete. Lost my voice for a couple of minutes. When I was skiing as a teen I fell into a five foot deep ditch on gravel. I have been told that my tailbone curves in slightly towards the front. The Osteo was trying to deal with it but I found he was just making it worse and I couldn't sit down without feeling comfortable. I wonder of those two injuries have contributed to the development of my prolapse. Oh well much to learn and relearn.

Thanks for the praise. I have the same praise for all of you who have helped make this movement possible. Women rock! (especially in their rightful shape).

I wouldn’t worry about the tailbone injury or configuration. Prolapse has most to do with the organs having been pushed out of their natural positions.

Yes, it is correct to pull the abdominal wall up instead of in. You shouldn’t be experiencing pain between your shoulder blades. Remember, the point is to pull up throughout the back of your neck so curvature in your upper spine and neck is reduced to a minimum. If you are keeping your shoulders pulled down and not back, there is a wonderful stretch that happens throughout the area. All manner of neck and shoulder pains are alleviated. Weight doesn’t affect our ability to pull into the posture, but is an overall health consideration.

Bit by bit. This doesn’t happen overnight.

:) Christine

Angel, it is so hard to know if they are related or not. I have never had any tailbone injuries, and yet mine has a right angle bend and a hook inwards and up. I am trying to find my very old chiropractor x-rays from before I had babies to see if this is a longterm thing for me.

I know that some of the pelvic floor muscles are joined to the coccyx. If the bottom of the coccyx turns in that would mean that these muscles would loosen.

This could contribute to POP. At your stage and mine I think it is far more productive to figure out what we can do about our POPs now, rather than ponder over why they occurred. I am convinced mine is a combination of childhood constipation, zipping and tucking for about 40 years from early teenage years, post-virus asthma all my life (now gone) and a fully managed labour with enormous episiotomy and forceps, for my first baby.

How I deal with it is diet to prevent constipation, always breathing through my nose to prevent viruses and irritated throat, posture, posture, posture, whole body exercise, sitting on the floor or stools instead of chairs, etc.

I cannot see any reason why any woman who has all her pelvic organs, basic physical abilites, a thirst for knowledge, and a positive outlook cannot manage POP without any great inconvenience. You are no exception.

Stay with us.

Louise

:-)

The more I do the posture the more I feel like a woman. Onward!!!!!!

I remember being told the same thing. Stand up straight....throw those shoulders back and quit poking your belly out. So I would struggle to stand like a straight ruler with my bum tucked under and sucking in my belly for all I was worth. Hurt then and still does. When I started visiting this site and found out that for all these years (I'm 59) I have tortured my body into this unnatural posture I cried. So, now I am working on getting back to a natural posture with a tall, proud chest. Now my belly rounds out and my back has a beautiful S curve. No longer do I feel tortured. I feel free. As if a weight has been lifted and my body can rejoice.