poignant moments

Body: 

Just gave away my bestest sexiest jeans that I got just before getting pg, that I was so looking forward to fitting into again one day.. not any more! I 'could' already wear them, but snug stretch denim is SO not popfriendly! Sigh. It's not even a question. I can FEEL when I wear something tight, it's a horrible experience.

Luckily my H has a little extra weight on him recently and so I've started wearing what he's outgrowing, instead. Nice and roomy, but.... Not quite as stylish, I'm afraid!

I also have to throw out my whole collection of thongs, it seems. Haven't been able to wear one yet, living in inexpensive cotton bikini-type underwear with a nice wide and gentle gusset. You all find thongs a problem, too?

I feel like this 'ought' to be posted in lifestyle issues, but honestly for me, this is really emotional!

I'm lucky, I never liked snug clothing or thongs. so I don't miss 'em.
but just so you know...I did not toss my heels and pantyhose. I know they arent' good for my POP but when the occasion calls for it, I do enjoy looking nice. so I do. and sometimes I'm fine and sometimes I just give myself some extra tlc the next day.
don't throw 'em all out just yet. things change......
and in the interim, maybe buy yourself some nice fitting/looking jeans rather than wear dh's castoffs.

clothing is definitely 'emotional'. especially pp.
I still have my prepg collection of cute little bras (we're talking almost 13 years old!) that I still fantasize about fitting into again one day (ha! they're cute little 32b's, haven't been in the 32 range since then but cant seem to throw them away)

Oh, the bras... I still have the cute ones I had before I had kids as well. Before I had my first child, I was a 32 D. I lost all the pregnancy weight (and a little more) and was a 32 DD. Now, 4 months postpartum with my second child, I'm a 32 G!!! To be fair, a G is just a DDDD, but that's still waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many D's. So I've managed to keep the 32, but the D's just keep on duplicating. And my nipples are under my armpits when I lay down, and to my bellybutton when I stand up. I'm pretty sure I'll never be a single D again.

Don't worry Gmom, by the time you are ready for small bras again your breasts will probably be a different shape, probably extending further around the sides under your arms. Breasts don't tend to stay on the front of your body in later years. They migrate! ;-)

I have found that my chest measurement, below the boobs, has stayed a bit bigger, and I take a size or two bigger in the cup, even though my boobs don't stick out the front like they used to. They are simply different. But I think sizing has changed too. We women seem to like saying we have big cup sizes, so they just rename the sizes to make us feel better.

Anyway, the elastic will probably be saggy by then anyway. Bras imitate bodies!

Have fun archiving your 32B's.

Louise