Sleeping

Body: 

Is there a proper sleep position that is best? And... my hubby rolled over on top of me before he left the other day and I was thinking... Is this weight okay on my stomach?

maybe in theory, its best to side sleep with your spine in a relatively neutral curve, or to sleep on your stomach. but I think the best way to sleep is the way you sleep best.
wouldnt worry too much about dh rolling over on top of you unless it was uncomfortable.
but I tend not to worry much about these types of things, the real work is during the day when you are up against gravity.

Have you all ever met a baby that loves to sleep with bum in the air? It's the cutest darn thing! I wish I could sleep like that.

I've always been a side sleeper, & i couldn't sleep any other way. so i agree with Gmom-sleep as you sleep best, as you gotta sleep.
in general, i find my body tells me what i need. if it's uncomfortable, i try to stop it. if it's making me bulge, i try to stop it. personally DH rolling on top of me means I might find breathing hard, so that would be more of a concern than my POP. My POP would be fine from that I'm sure--it's the lack of air that is a bit more concerning!
You'll find, after weeks, months, and years of WW the little things don't worry you as much. But i know in the beginning, everything did. I now have much more faith in my anatomy and my bodys' ability to keep things where they need to go...

I am sleeping on my side, that's because I was nursing through the night and/or was pregnant for 5 years. Now I am neither preggo nor nursing, the side sleeping remained. Best for my spine.

At night no gravity is pulling your insides, so I guess whatever works for you is fine. Maybe there is an optimal or ideal position, these wise ladies will let you know I am sure! :D

Hi Kiki

I would find that really disturbing. Of course it is important for you to have space to sleep! And breathe! Perhaps he is just a man who likes to be touching you in bed, but if it is making it difficult for you to breathe I wouldn't think it is reasonable for him to expect to be able to roll over on top of you. Perhaps you could negotiate some breathing space? Or perhaps get him a bolster to lean against? Or perhaps get a wider bed? Being able to breathe easily is a pretty basic human right. Or perhaps I am blowing this up out of proportion? Sorry if I offend you by suggesting this.

Momof8, I think you just need to get comfortable, and ensure that all your muscles are really relaxed before you drop off. I think it is important for your hips to be more or less in line with your shoulders, and your head more or less in line with your shoulders so your spine and neck are not too twisted. Also that your upper back is not hunched over, so your chest is open, and you can fill your lungs easily while you sleep. It is also important to keep your head from tipping back, which will kind of flatten your airways. It is also important to have a mattress that will support your waist area, so you don't have to try too hard to keep your spine in line. If you have to try, then you will not be relaxed.

Louise