Breastfeeding question

Body: 

I'm posting this, again, because I first posted it in the wrong place:

Thanks for your reply to my first email, Christine (and your positive outlook). I was feeling negative about everything for over a year and find I'm feeling more positive these days (since finding this informative site).

Another question: I'm still breastfeeding (my son's 15 months) and was wondering if anyone has had experience with their prolapses "tightening up" when they stopped breastfeeding. My physiotherapist said this could happen so I was just curious. I'm into extended breastfeeding and have no idea when I'll stop.

Thanks

Heather, I'm still bf too. My mw says that sometimes the muscles may tighten up after weaning. I'm thinking that without improved posture, the tightening up wouldn't help things very much. I'm hopeful that since I've improved my posture, once my son weans I'll be in for a pleasant surprise.
btw, how old is your nursling? Mine's 21 mo

It's good to hear from someone else who's still breastfeeding. My son is 15 months old. Is your nursling your firstborn? I'm also curious if anyone had prolapses after the birth of their first child and then went on to birth another. It sounds like you have a midwife and that's what I'd like (a homebirth) if we were to have a second. I'm worried that my fear of pushing (i.e. fear that my prolapses will end up even worse) would get in the way of my birthing process. My husband and I keep waffling back and forth: should we have another child? should we have an only child? It's such a huge decision.

I'm working on my posture, too, and hope I'll be in for a pleasant surprise when Harry is weaned.

I breastfed my first daughter for 18 months (3-00 to 9-01). She weaned herself when I got pregnant for #2. My second daughter nursed until 15 months 6-02-9-03). I noticed the prolapse after her birth and I didn't really notice any change from stopping breastfeeding. The biggest change for me was when my cycle started up again. I began this work early in 2004 when I found out I was pregnant for #3. I am still nursing him and he's 9 months (11-04- now). I agree that the posture is the key. I find that my "tightness" ebbs and flows with my cycle. When I am having my flow, I am very squishy (this is my 3rd cycle since his birth) and feel a bit of a falling sensation. Though I've come to suspect that I am feeling the flow falling moreso than the organs. I am "tight" until three days around ovulation in the middle of my cycle when I find that the rectocele is the most bothersome--mostly on ovulation day. I really don't understand why that would affect the rectocele, but I am keeping records of everything right now so I know what is normal for me. I get squishy again in that three day period as the fluid changes, but I do not feel falling out. In fact, I commented in another post to Christine, that the prolaps eis unnoticeable to the point I forget about it.

Jane, what a good idea to keep records like that. I also have noticed changes with my cycle. I hope you don't mind my asking, but did the prolapse interfere with your pregnancy and delivery?

Heather...my nursling is my third. My first homebirth though : )
I definitely recommend homebirthing, its glorious.
I don't think I had a prolapse prior to his birth. I only noticed it recently, began to feel 'something' but ignored it until I decided to try a diaphragm and it didn't pop in the way it had the last time I had used it (sorry, tmi)
My husband and I are going back and forth about having another too. We always wanted 4, but now I am so worried about this prolapse, though I've read somewhere that birthing on all fours makes things easier.
I too, would love to hear more (success) stories from those who have had children after prolapse