What do you value about the Village?

Body: 

What pages do you visit Regularly? Occasionally?
Do you find it easy to find documents?
Have you ever asked a friend to visit?
Have you asked their (outsider) opinion afterwards?
What do you think we would lose if The Village was made into a conventional site?
What do you think we would gain if The Village was made into a conventional site?

Louise

I spend 95% of my time on the Forums. I visit the store occasionally. I usually find new articles when I am looking for something else. I rarely have time to read the longer articles, and like to come back to them later.

I wish we had a good search tool for the rest of the Village as well as for the Forums.

I wish we had regular announcements of new content, maybe a brief email called Village Post Extra, with a link to the new or substantially edited content, and links to The Store and the Forums, every time a new page goes up.
Gotta use that Membership database more effectively to get Members to return. It is wonderful when an older Member posts again on the Forums.

We have the Library, The Village Post, the Theatre and Christine's Cottage, as areas where we can read articles and view video. I would like to see them differentiated more, so it was more obvious which venue I should choose if I want to view a particular article or video. (If we had an search tool for the site content this would not be an issue.)

Re video at Christine's Cottage, could we have a zoomable or scrollable DVD cabinet with all the DVD covers being links to Wholewoman's Youtube videos? These are great little videos that I return to quite frequently for a demo, or a detail. But do you have to host them personally?

Re the Theatre videos, these are more meaty, and more thought provoking. I would like to see these promoted more vigorously. These people are of such a high calibre! I hardly feel worthy to comment on them!

Lanny, Nik and Christine, I can almost see you all rolling your eyes and shaking your heads!

Regardless of whether or not the Village changes to a conventional site, these will still be things I would like to see.

Louise :-)

I spend 99% of my time here in the forum.

I have told other people to come here and I used to always wear the WW T shirts when I went on one of my meetups to advertise it (They are all too big now unfortunately so I can no longer wear them)

I think if this village were a more conventional site - Newbies might find it easier to find the info they want quickly....

I visit quite regularly :-)

Oh - One thing I don't get about the site is the preview and save bit - I just wanna post it (typos yes if there was an edit we could then edit them out - if not - Its posted)

:-)

PS - I find it hard to find the older posts - So a more traditional config might help that - Or it might just be me being stoopid :-)

I spend all my time on the forums, I do not have much lately...
I find what I need, never a problem.
Since I am in Hungary, I cannot ask friends to visit (we speak english though), I'd rather translate info with my words- it is useful for friends and folks here.

This website saved my life, I don't care how it will look like or how the contents will change, I'll come anyway! :D

Liv

I always visit the forum first.
I do occasionally visit the other areas of the village when I have time.
It does help when Christine or Lanny let us know when there is new content, because then I do make a beeline to find out what is new.

Maybe new content could just be added whenever there is time to add it, rather than Christine feeling pressured to keep up with a certain timetable?

The responses via forum may not accurately reflect the membership. Those who use forum reguarly are going to say this is most important to them or frequently used by them. Others who are not so IT savvy or are not drawn to this format may not engage with this debate via this format. I'm new to wholewoman so I may be wrong.

I personally use the whole web site. I have found the articles very helpful, but love it all.
wholewomanUK