17 month update

Body: 

I haven't been on in a while, but I'd like to update y'all on how well I've been doing. You all were so wonderfully encouraging to me when the prolapse first happened, and I kept meaning to come back and say how it's been going.

Even though I have not kept up with the exercises, I have continued to heal. I have a new chiropractor, an ND (who diagnosed me with Lyme disease), and a new diet (mostly raw, per the ND). I've lost all the weight I was hanging onto (thanks to not being able to exercise) and my back hardly bothers me anymore.

I've got a gigantic garden planted, and although I've had to take it easy and be careful, I've managed to plant a lot of stuff as well as mulch it. I can shovel manure again without feeling pain or bulges the next day.

So the baby is 17 months old. My bladder and uterus no longer sag out. I can still feel them, but they've moved back up some. It's not uncomfortable to walk now.

Thank you all so, so much for helping me cope and heal. I still grieve the loss of my physical strength, but having some of return is encouraging. Being back to my normal 130 pounds is encouraging. Being able to stand up without staying hunched over for several minutes is encouraging. Being able to wear jeans is encouraging. (I love that part. I still wear longer shirts to cover up the belly that the WW postures gives me, but I don't have to wear elastic waist bands now and having a seam between my legs is no longer painful.)

I do have questions about periods (now that I've started back), but I'll find somewhere else to post that.

Dear Ribbit,

I am so happy to hear of your progress! I was very worried about your constipation issues, but it sounds like all is healing well. You are likely to continue to experience reversal throughout the next several years.

Your garden sounds grand and I'm glad to hear that you have the support of good care-givers. It is our pleasure to have served you and we look forward to answering questions and sharing with you into the future.

Heartfully,

Christine