Prolaps colon

Body: 

I been having issues with my colon kinking up. When I put the instead in and stand with the whole women poster I'm able to go. My doctor wants me to consent to fixing the colon. But after the pain and all the other issues with my bladder surgery I shy away from them suggesting more surgery. I also am taking care of my son who is one years old and don't need to have more disability's. I have a vaginal tear that I got during my delivery of my son, its located on the left side of the vaginal wall against the colon. I think that tear was the cause of all the problem. I ask the doctor to fixed that but they won't endless I have the colon surgery.

Hi Queenbean,

I hope you are able to work with your symptoms and gain enough improvement to live well.

Alemama and Granolamom both have significant perineal tears that they've chosen to leave un-repaired because of risks of further nerve and tissue damage.

(((((Hugs)))))))

Christine

Hi Queenbean

I don't think any doctor has the right to put pressure on you to have surgery, so you make your own decision. With your son only a year old you will have lots of improvement yet. I would be waiting at least another twelve months before rethinking surgery. In the meantime use what you can learn here to stabilise what you have in the way of support. Over that 12 months your little boy will be walking and becoming more independent, albeit heavier.

We may be able to help you to find ways of getting your colon to straighten out when you want it to. I am thinking live more of your life at floor level so you are not lifting your son, and learning some techniques for repositioning your pelvic organs, eg inversion, nauli type exercises and techniques for bowel emptying.

Cheers

Louise

I am a Granny and hope I can reverse some of my problems .I was told Your Bladder repair will not hold up since the rectocele is pulling the back wall down and the whole roof will be collapsing. I will see the Urologist in 3 weeks and I know what she will say....I am so scared to go under the knife again. It was hard on me the last time and the anesthetic scares me. One Doctor did not do her job and the PA at my exam thore something from my surgery because I was bleeding. Does anybody had results.to make your Pelvic floor muscles stronger or is it to late....bought the CD for the elders. How many rocking kegels should I do per day ? Also how many fire breathing? How long will it take until I see some results. Thank you

I just wanted to note here, that Louise has given a thorough answer to this post of Lindelu's, under the thread entitled "Rectocele Question". - Surviving