returning symptoms

Body: 

After three years caring for terminally ill husband and mother, I am finally able to think about my body again. I was able 4 years ago to get my cystocele from a 4 to a 2 using firebreathing and WW posture. But heavy lifting during that time, and not taking care of myself, have resulted in total relapse, and now much more painful problems, and a rectocyle as well. I have also been getting urinary trac infections. I thought just starting the exercises full time again would help but so far (after a week) I have had no results. My doctor has me on CIPRO again. Is there any possibility CIPRO could be making my issues worse?

Thanks!

Hi Judy,

Cipro is a very dangerous drug known to rupture tendons and muscles, as well as cause damage to cartilage and ligaments. This is all connective tissue, upon which pelvic organ support depends. I assume your symptoms will improve once you discontinue the drug (it may take a few weeks).

I'm sorry to hear about your husband and mother. It must have been a very, very difficult time. ♥

Now is your time to bring yourself back to health. I have no doubt you will once again reach a baseline you will be happy with. Take it slowly and be gentle with every aspect of your precious life.

Christine

I agree with Christine. I have had problems with intestinal infections and was put on Cipro three times over the past five years. Shortly after the third round, my symptoms with POP appeared. In my heart I KNOW this drug contributed to my pelvic issues (although I can't prove it). And yes I did have problems with childbirth twenty years ago and I wasn't eating right and my posture was not good, BUT I truly feel that this drug was the tipping point in my POP.
My treatment with Cipro was twice in 2005 and then once in 2007. In 2009, I had another intestinal infection and I begged my doctor not to prescribe it to me again. I told her that I couldn't go through with it again. I felt as if I was being poisoned when I was on that drug. She looked up a comparable drug and prescribed that one for me .. Bactrim DS. Cipro does have on its label that it can rupture tendons. I am convinced that it also did some nasty stuff to my fascia and ligaments.

I have an allergy to sulpher based drugs like bactrim. That's why the doctor uses CIPRO. I am convinced that CIPRO has been worsening my condition--I should be off it in another day. I will ask my doctor if there is a substitute should I get another bladder/kidney problem

This morning, for the first time in a while, I have had some relief from my cystocele--I think the posture and firebreath are beginning to work finally (maybe now that the infection is under control).

I will be drinking lots more cranberry juice--and remembering to drink more water--so I don't HAVE to take an antibiotic again.

Judy M

If you are over 60, Cipro is more dangerous to muscles and tendons--I will be 67 this month. I will definitely find a different antibiotic if I need one. I wish I had connected my worsening condition with this drug sooner.

Once you are off the Cipro, have a month of good quality probiotic too, to help repopulate your whole body with more good microflora. I am sure you will eventually rid your body of these recurring infections.

WW posture will help reposition your organs and enable them to work more effectively. Proper bladder emptying every day will also be part of the solution and will help prevent these infections.

Good luck.

Louise

I was feeling good before I took a treatment of cipro. now I get burning after I p and on my arms and other parts of my body. I had all that last night all night long. does anyone know how you detox .