core strengthening with/for prolapse

Body: 

Hi All,

Does anyone know what is best for developing core strength with prolapse? Are sit-ups too stressful? I know that doing yoga/pilates strengtheners such as boat pose are not helpful. I need to build my core and am wondering what the best exercises are.

Thanks!

Hello, Me Again,

Does anyone have experience she could share with using bio identical hormones? I am done with menopause, and finally over the hotflashes (thank God) so I am cautious about starting up a whole new cycle of body reactions by using hormonal replacement. I used an estrogen cream for a very short time, as prescribed by an OB/GYN who suggested surgery for my prolapse, and she said the estrogen would make the surgery easier by thickening the vaginal tissues. I used it for about 3 weeks, felt hotflashy and moody all over again, realized I ddi not really trust the estrogen cream, this doctor or the surgery and then went on to find the Whole Woman site.

I am interested in the possibilities of using a bio identical hormone to bring back normal libido, as well as to strengthen the connective tissues. Just curious--

Has anyone had any positive results with bio identical hormones?

Hi Joyinlife

Check out the article called Natural Remedy for Lichen Sclerosus in the Library, under Articles by Christine Kent. It has a lot of hormone theory in it. This will be good background reading for you in your journey to find out more.

Sorry, but I don't take bioidentical hormones, just a strong pot of red clover tea every day. It has really settled my sensitive skin down, and my vagina and particularly my vulva is in better shape. I had my last menstrual period about two years ago, and did have some fragile vagina problems in the leadup to menopause.

Louise

Hi

I am currently using low dosage of estrogen [Ovestin] its been 1 month, used it every night just before going to bed for 2 weeks and now twice a week just for maintenance, personally not suffered with any side effects and it has made a huge difference to the vagina walls.

There is also an alternative non hormone cream called Replens that provides long lasting vaginal moisture and relief from vaginal dryness. To know more about Replens check it out on the internet.

Thanks to both Diamond and Louiseds for your thoughts. I will look into everything mentioned and also the red clover tea! I appreciate your comments!

couldn't say enough about them! everything thats missing during and after menopause you will have ! suzanne somers has a lot of info. on this and a book or 2

4paws

4 paws--yes, I do now remember seeing Suzanne Somers on some talk show ages ago--and this was before any of it applied to me, so I forgot all about it. I will look into her books on bio identical hormones. thanks for reminding me!

yes i take a sublingual under the tongue-lasts 1 min.one of estrogen type
and progesterone. made special for your body!

4paws

How does the practitioner work out what you need, and when?