Post baby no 2

Body: 

It has been almost a year since I posted. I was wanting advice about whether to have a c section for my second baby - after I had moderate bladder and rectum prolapses after no 1.
Well no 2 is a bonny 8 month old boy - and yes! I had a normal delivery. My doctor was amazing (same one who had suggested a c section in the beginning) - he knew I needed a positive birth after no 1's experience. No 2 was 9 pounds 13 - big lad! 20 hours labour (he was posterier) but with the help of a much needed epidural (sorry ladies just wasn't coping) I got to relax and he took 3 hours to turn around. My doctor wouldn't let me push till he was completely turned - then he came out in two decent pushes with no forceps! very small tear

Anyway - on to the prolapses. In the beginning it was all the same as before - It is strange that I don't feel them at night like I did after first bub - only on very active days (lots of bending and walking and lifting) My doctor gave me a few stitches - a tidy up from last time - not sure if that helped.

Well - eight months on - still breastfeeding - so waiting till I stop that to see if there is an improvement. No real incontinence or other issues. Prolapse is definitely there - and hasn't pulled up - just don't feel it this time! Strange! Definitely in a stronger place this time - I hardly think about it - where last time it was all I thought and cried about.

Thanks for the advice to have a normal birth - So so pleased that I did it! Watching no 2 trying to walk (very unsuccessful) and smiling away to myself that I did it!

What thrilling news, thank you for sharing! You should be so proud of yourself. Remember, you have a good year and a third of post-birth reversion still to come. Keep giving your body a helping hand with good posture, healthy diet, and positive thinking. So happy for you!!!