Cabbage Salad

Body: 

This is a very simple cabbage salad recipe which Louise has asked me to post.

Slice cabbage extra fine and dress with extra virgin olive oil, white vinegar, salt and pepper.
Dress about 5-10 minutes before serving.
Enjoy
Mishek

I'm off to town to buy cabbage. Yum. I am always looking for different things to do with the humble cabbage.

Louise

Thank you for the tip Mishek,

Have the extra virgin olive oil, apple cider vinegar, salt & pepper, but will wait until they are sold fresh locally at the market.

As time permits, google the nutritional benefits, all is good!

Oceanblue

We had some last night. I think Mishek is right. Slicing the cabbage really finely is the secret. It was yummy. Very simple, uncomplicated flavours.

Here's a giggle. When I poured some olive oil and the same amount of vinegar, and a good grind of salt and a good pinch of Australian lake salt into a little jar and shook it up, DH asked me what I was doing. I said, "Making Italian Dressing." He didn't believe how easy it was. I don't know where he has been hiding all these years, but he started grumbling about how hard it is to buy dressing that's not full of s***, with film stars' pictures on the front. I kept finding half-finished jars of commercial dressing in the fridge and wondering how they got there. Now I know. :-)

Louise

I should have mentioned that the cabbage needs to be ultra fine - the thickness of needles or straw - use a large sharp knife for extra ease.
I wanted to add this to my original post but didn't know how to even delete it.

Do believe I'll be making this tonight! Thanks for the posting! :)