Confused by counter clockwise Naoli Move

Body: 

Please help me get this straight. I am easily confused when doing the beginner moves and have to really concentrate to get my breathing in or out correct when doing the fire breathing. So when the DVD says to do the Naoli (sp?) move in a counter clockwise direction, my brain freezes! I don't want to do it in the wrong direction. It's kind of funny but I'm left holding my breath and wondering if the clock is facing me or facing out--I think I have a brain burp everytime I try to get it. HA HA

Thanks for any help.

Hi and welcome, Happysheep,

You are the clock. After expelling all air and creating an abdominal vacuum, begin to circle your belly muscles counterclockwise. This pulls up the descending colon and with it the back vaginal wall. It always seemed completely natural to circle in this direction and I cannot even circle clockwise if I try.

Alemama is our nauli expert (she brought nauli to us years ago), so maybe she will have further thoughts on the matter.

:) Christine

O.K., to translate for my way of thinking, is this correct:

After expelling all air, I am circling my belly muscles starting above the pubic bone and going up toward my left hip bone and up and around to my right hip bone and back down toward the pubic bone.

Thanks for helping.

Happy Sheep

If it makes sense, start on your left side, move towards the right.

Liv

Yes, HS, I translate your description as the same thing.

I got it! P.S.--aside from the clarification I needed, I really like the movement.