cont... of My slant board/inversion bed

Body: 

Hi everyone,I forgot to add in my previous post that when lying on my inversion bed, i place 2 pillows in a layered position (so as not to put strain on my neck) under my head to prevent or minimise the blood rush to the head.
BTW is it possible to alter or add to a post once the "save button has been clicked"?

Hi Mishek

You might be able to see an Edit link at the top or the bottom of the post. Click on it to take you back, edit it and remember to Preview it and Save it again, or it will disappear (Pooofff!)

If all else fails and you end up with a duplicated post or it messes up somehow, I will probably see it and remove the duplicate within 24 hours. I look at them pretty carefully. If I don't see it, email me and tell me what you want done. I check email many times a day.

Louise

I have a inversion table. Does this really help a prolapsed bladder?

Hi KM

Some women feel a lot of relief by using an inversion table, board or some other device. It can provide some very real physical relief of pressure, and does move the pelvic organs further into the abdomen. When you look at the anatomy of the pelvis it makes more sense to lie on your tummy to move your pelvic organs forward, as well as in, but it is not going to keep them there in itself. Mishek's timing thing is an interesting variation, and staying there for a while. Anything to help.

It is also possible to create a similar effect by standing with feet at least shoulder length apart, and bending deeply from the hip joints with a relaxed belly between your thighs, and maintaining your lumbar curve by sticking your butt out and flexing your knees slightly. In this position you can kind of shimmy your hips around a bit and give your organs a bit of a shake around, which will probably do a better job of getting each organ into a better packed configuration, the same way as shaking a bag of sweets. Then leave your belly relaxed when you rise to WW standing again. Fire breathing is a more sophisticated version of this, also utilising the ability of the diaphragm to create a vacuum in the abdomen and pelvis which will literally suck your pelvic organs into your body.

Moving and using your body in WW posture is the main way that we gradually move our organs to better positions, because gravity helps us when we are vertical. The horizontal or diagonal body has gravity working in different directions.

Louise

Thanks Louise for all of your information. I'll try anything for relief!

Thanks Louise i will keep that in mind.