Bad taste in mouth

Body: 

Hi i would like to enquire if anyone has suffered from a metalic taste in the mouth when starting with menapause,have read on the internet it is quite common.

Hi Trumper,

There is a close relationship between estrogen and zinc, and zinc deficiency is often associated with irregularities in taste.

Might I offer my zinc roast as a delicious way to include natural, absorbable zinc in your diet.

Christine

During my second pregnancy 7 years ago. I remember walking through the park with a friend and asking her if she knew what would cause my mouth to taste like I was sucking on a penny.
She told me I needed to take a pregnancy test and sure enough I was pregnant (about 2 months at that point) and had no idea.
It went away pretty fast once I found out. I had been eating less to try to loose that last few pounds left from my first pregnancy (our first two are 19 months apart) and they just wouldn't budge :)
When I started eating better- it went away.

are cousins on the periodic table, and in chemical reactions. Pennies are basically made out of copper. So there is a link.

Do you have any gold in your mouth? About 10 years ago I began to develop a metallic taste. After 6 months of different GI testing, had allergy testing done. Found out that I'm allergic to 2 out of 3 types of gold. Never had problems before. I had a gold crown. Had it removed and replaced with a type of crown gold free. Since have been fine. I can wear gold, just not in the mouth.

Probably because other metals are alloyed with gold to make different colours of gold, and presumably gold for different uses, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colored_gold .

Louise