Probiotic capsule in vagina

Body: 

I began reading material on this site because a friend pointed out the lichen sclerosis article. Since then, I've discovered I have a prolapse of some kind. I also have some kind of vulvar dinea which has made intercourse unpleasant for a long time. I've tried Christine's suggestions: red clover/alfalfa salve and a probiotic capsule placed high in the vagina. They have really helped except that the probiotic burns the heck out of the vaginal opening when it reaches it. Any suggestions?

I am very glad I've discovered this site BEFORE I see a gynecologist. (My internist hasn't been overly concerned about any of the above.

Have you tried plain yogurt applied to your vagina? Maybe you need a different probiotic...or maybe a protective layer of coconut oil around the vaginal opening? So glad things are getting better.

I am really grateful to have found Wholewoman. I am 61, 5 babies - 4 natural births with episiotomies, a caesarian. Moderate prolapse of uterus and posterior colporrhaphy surgery 13 years ago. Currently, I have a stage 2 bladder prolapse and am slowly learning the WW posture and exercises. Thank you for the power they give me to look after myself. I have a lumbar roll for use in the car. My most concerning thing is the vulva soreness at night. I went to the doctor who prescribed estrogen cream which I used for a while out of desperation and now I am drinking strong red clover tea, putting on a commercial balm of oils, and inserting a probiotic capsule every second night. I have also had some Journey processes to address emotional issues. I try to time the probiotic about an hour before bed so hopefully it will work its magic at the right time. But still I have the soreness. Feels like I should go to bed at about 1.30am each night and I'd skip the soreness in bed. Is it anything to do with position? I have just written down the recipe for the salve and will work on sourcing the ingredients. Any other suggestions?

Have you tried Replens.. It is a non estrogen cream over the counter, that you can use inside and outside of the vagina. It duplicates the natural moisture the vagina is missing. I find it really works. It might help.
Ruth

Hi Goatmama,

These hormonal issues are extremely common and can range from mild dryness to severe symptoms that include, unfortunately, malignancy. It's so important to work toward hormonal balance and I'm glad to hear you have seen some results already.

The sugar in the probiotic tablet I was using started to irritate too and I have not resumed that regimen. Right now I'm holding my own with the salve and, of course, my daily dose of red clover tea.

The other thing you can't go wrong with is a good omega3 oil applied directly to the area. It's anti-inflammatory qualities dampen inflammation considerably and you can even soak cotton balls in it and apply them vaginally to improve prolapse symptoms at the same time.

I wish there were a quick fix, but I think the best we can do at this point is to try to increase our body's natural testosterone: calm the adrenals, no caffeine, testosterone-boosting foods, aromatase-inhibiting foods, and phytoestrogens such as red clover.

Wishing you well,

Christine

Please can you list testosterone- boosting foods, aromatase- inhibiting foods and foods to calm the adrenals? Or are they elsewhere on the site?

Hello!! I hope that the information will help You :

Clobetasol Ointment: use once a week.

Estrace Cream: use 3 times per week.

Testosterone Cream: use twice week.

Daily: Vitamin D-3 4000 IU, Omega-3 Fish Oil 1,000 mg, Turmeric Extract C3 Complex 1,160mg

I'm adding the links below. Good luck!

Hi yarajouk. There is no need to post links, our members are capable if searchng these things if they are interested. We don't advocate the use of hormone creams here. They are absorbed through the skin and pose a risk to health. - Surviving