Ginger an irritant?

Body: 

My POP has really been talking to me these last few days, and along with this is a feeling almost like a mild UTI. This is highly unusual for me, as I don't have trouble emptying and I'm always careful AND I haven't had one of those in decades. The only other thing is that I've been drinking a fair amount of a new ginger tea. I found several mentions on-line of ginger being a bladder irritant, but in searching this site, I don't find anything here to back that up. Does anyone have knowledge or experience of this? I will of course give it up, for now, it was a little strong for my taste anyway.

but I eat ginger at least once a week and it never seems to bug me- but then, I don't really experience bladder symptoms so I couldn't say.
I love it grated into my sweet potatoes and also with curry (and turmeric).

I chop up a small piece of raw ginger and seep it in hot water along with some cinnamon or mint or other herbs. It tastes nice and even though I drink it frequently I haven't noticed that it irritates anything. Powdered ginger can be pretty potent though, I prefer it raw. Maybe try using a small amount of the fresh root if you don't want to give up your tea.

It wasn't the ginger. Not sure what's causing the irritation but I gave up the tea and it made no difference. Things in general are acting up.