Heirloom Beans

Body: 

I bought some Anasazi beans over three years ago, just cause I thought they were cute and intended to cook them. They lay in my pantry, got shoved around, moved, and ended up behind other things. A few weeks ago I read an article about how good they were and that you did not have to soak them overnight. I searched them out, looked them over carefully - they seemed fully intact - no bugs - not old looking, so I put them in the crockpot. Lo and behold, in about an hour, the most delicious aroma was wafting thru the house making us salivate and eagerly awaiting them to be done. I added onions the third hour and salt just before serving after having cooked four hours. They were fantastic! But most importantly, they have 75% less gastric properties than other beans like the pintos. Lovely! Really a good thing for those who have bowel problems - these beans just have not bothered me.

I called the place they originated from in Colorado and ordered several pounds of their organic Anasazi beans and they were delivered within 3 days.

I think there is a picture of them in Christine's kitchen.

Grandma Joy