soft vs hard water and constipation

Body: 

I have lived in a soft water area for 25 years, meaning the water I drink is low on mineral ions (salts).

I recently spent a week in Cyprus and was delighted that I had a week free of constipation - making life with a grade 3 rectocele much easier.

A few weeks after coming back to UK I began to think that lack of (possibly) magnesium in the water - which is plentiful in the area of Cyprus where I stayed - is a major contributory cause of constipation.

I have had constipation problems for a few years prior to prolapse, despite leading an active lifestyle, eating wholefoods, home grown fruit and veg etc.

I now suspect that drinking water in my area could actually have, via the constipation and straining, been a contributory factor in the development of prolapse.

I have requested a water analysis and will post any notable results.

Has anyone else made this link?

marigold

I did a google search and it does say Hard water has been found to contain more magnesium than soft water. If you need magnesium to help things along I have found magnesium by natural calm (powder) that since taking it has really helped :) Good luck and I'm sure you will get more answers soon!!