I just wonder.....

Body: 

I have thankfully just received my book, DVD and baton - hooray! Of course I have started reading the book straight away and after reading the pregnancy and prolapse section I began to wonder if being in the lithotomy position for no more than 30mins to perform a vontouse delivery was a major contributor to the development of my rectocele. I was having an amazing labor (despite being induced due to my waters breaking at 36 weeks and "failure" to go into spontaneous labor)with the most wonderful midwives. I was able to be mobile as possible with fetal head monitoring in place and managed to be on all fours and standing while pushing. Unfortunately after over an hour of pushing and getting tired it was decided that "a little help" would be required to get my son out. I did not have an epidural and only had gas and air throughout. The only major pain (burning!!) was the placement of the suction cup on my son's head!! I did not have an episiotomy but had a 3 degree tear which required a few stitches.
Wondering will not make my pop disappear but to have some explanation as to why this happened maybe helps me to cope better.
I have been feeling rather down, in discomfort and pain for the past 2 weeks. Not only from my pop but a sore shoulder and joints. Im now 4 months pp. I am however looking forward to starting my exercises and hopefully lifting my pelvic organs!

Lithotomy position straightens out the lumbar curve, which was probably already pretty straight to enable birth, but it also closes the pelvic opening, because of the way the positions of the sacrum and pelvic bones change relative to each other when you are flat on your back with your legs up in the air. This may have 'sent baby back inside' again. (I am no midwife). But getting you to do that for 30 minutes is an interruption to labour, so that may have been a factor as well. In addition your labour was already accelerated by the induction process, so while it was pretty good according to you, your body may have got a bit 'confused', and decided to stall the process.

Going back over the labour, and asking why, is a very common response to a situation which turned differently from what you had hoped for. I still ask myself questions about DS1's birth 29 years ago, but I don't let it get to me anymore.

That is now behind you now, and the important thing for you to do is to work out best how to support your body during this soft tissue reversion stage. You are right at the worst stage right now, and can look forward to a lot more improvement over the next 18 months. You just need to be patient, don't squash your belly, watch your posture and diet, and move mindfully, working out as you go how you can change the way you do tasks to enable your body to use its natural design for retaining your pelvic organs.

l am so glad you have bought the package. You now have everything you need to do this well. Hope to hear more from you.

Louise