Inguinal hernia with prolapse???

Body: 

I'm so grateful for this forum because I have another question. Ever since I discovered my prolapses (grade 1 cystocele grade 3 rectocele) I was troubled by what appeared to be a swollen lymph node on the right side in my groin.I thought the rectocele was causing it. I just went to my regular doc for blood work and new BP meds and told him about it. He checked it out and said it is not lymph node, he is pretty sure it is a hernia. What on earth is going on with my lower half?? Sheesh! I have the prolapses, my pilondial dimple is giving me fits (I didn't even mention that to him) and now this hernia.
It seems like my whole lower half is rebelling against something.My question is, would the V-Belt or some sort of brace help at all? The hernia doesn't hurt (except when he gouged his fingers way into it) I haven't lifted anything over 15 pounds since I discovered the prolapses.He said wait and see if it gets worse..Grrr.. Somehow, I get the feeling that they are all related in one way or another.Could that be possible?
Anybody else out there with this problem? Any suggestions? I will not submit to surgery, unless the stupid thing strangulates, of course.
Thanks for letting me bend your ear..
BTW, I told him that I had gone to the GYN for the prolapses, and that I refused surgery, and he agreed with me. He said as long as I was comfortable and they didn't bother me, then he didn't see why I would need surgery. I really like and trust this doc. He's been my regular doc for about 18 years.
Lynda

Me...Gone to the dogs

Hi Lynda,

Sorry to hear that you

Christine,
As usual, thank you for your reply..I guess it's a wait and see what acts up the worst first.I never have straining, so I don't know what's up with that. I am known as diarrhea-girl.. ha ha. If anything it's always been the opposite for me. I used to curse my IBS condition. Now, I'm glad of it, for that reason only.
It just all must be related to my work, which BTW, isn't greeting cards..it's much larger. I carve farm animals and swans..etc
http://www.saltboxprimitives.com
The shipping cartons can be from 30-70 pounds, but I am good and just slide them. No lifting.
Yes.. this is my busiest time of year. From now, thru Feb. so I am hoping everything behaves until after that time period.
Thanks again for your valuable insight!
Lynda
Me...Gone to the dogs

TOO ADORABLE, Lynda!! I'm going to go through the proper channels to see if the large crow is still available. :D

Christine..
I'm so sorry I missed your call. I'm also embarassed to have put my web address on your forum. What a shameless plug :( Please feel free to remove it. I honestly didn't think before I did it. I appreciate your complements on my work, and will certainly reserve a crow for you. You can call me anytime. It just so happened when you called, that my husband and I were out looking for our cat and came upon a terrible water leak in an empty house across the road.Construction on the house was nearly finished and a pipe upstairs must have broken. We saw water gushing out of the upstairs windows and pouring down over the porch roof below. When we looked in the windows with our flashlight, the entire downstairs is flooded, with water coming down the staircase like a waterfall. What a mess! We called the police to get someone to come shut off the water coming into the house from the street. Pity the owners when they see it.. I think they are from out of town.
Good thing our cat was missing (she was sitting right in the driveway when we came home, naughty girl)..Who knows how long that had been going on? Ugh!
Thanks again, Christine..
Lynda
Me...Gone to the dogs

Was it a hernia?

Hi 4hisglory,
You can google hernia; WebMD has a really good explanation of it and the different types hernias people can get, but it is basically when soft fatty tissue or bowel goes through a weak spot in the muscle.