v-2 supporter

Body: 

i am really grateful for this site and christine's work. i do the exercises daily, and take walks, and use the realign myself into the posture whenever i become aware i fell out. this and healthy diet have all helped enormously - both psychologically and physically, but there are those difficult days . . . i found out about the v-2 support belt here, and i must share that is a great help. i suggest you buy your size based on hips not clothing size as some sites suggest. i bought a small at first & hated it - too tight, even tho it was the size recommended. i now have a medium & it is a wonderful help for days when i will be out & about a lot. it actually reminds you to stay in the posture as back support is part of the design. it is a bit bulky & shows thru leggings, e.g. so I usually wear a tunic over pants or leggings when i have it on. too bad it is boring white. i may tie dye it! bright blessings to all my sisters in the forum.

Forum:

Thank you for this info. I have found a lot of information on the V-brace but not as much on the V2 support. I have seen the V-brace and find it bulky. I'm planning to order the V2 support and am grateful for your comments.

I have never heard of this before and would like to see what it looks like. I will have a look on line to see where to get one.
Now to find out more about the exercises and get started on them.
I was so happy to find this website and forum after my appointment with the surgeon who did not have any time to explain what surgery for a cystocele /rectocele would involve-let alone if there were any alternatives.
I do think that women who are actually living with prolapse likely know more about it than a man would or could.
Thank you for being there to help us learn how to take care of our own bodies.

I'm wondering how much bigger the size med is compared to small. I find the small too tight in hips even though I'm only 103 lbs and i sized in the small parameters. I'm afraid the medium would be too loose. i don't want to waste money. But I like the feeling of gentle compression wearing it around the house (if it fit right).

Most (not all) of our members who use support garments, do so because they have a more profound uterine prolapse that can truly benefit from a little extra compression at certain times. Those of us with 'celes are not really going to get that much physical support from a support garment, it is more of a mental assist. At least that's my opinion. I have cystocele and rectocele and have never considered this option. I think you said you tried it once and felt it didn't do anything. Probably because it didn't do anything! - Surviving

Correct. I know it doesn't improve the actual problem, but it does feel better. It's definitely a less annoying feeling to have a bit of compression instead of the "naked" feeling of my vagina agape along with the pressure sensation. I hate feeling like I want to push my fingers up against my crotch all the time (and it's socially unacceptable in public!). I've been tinkering with my underwear to find the most simple and comfy option, too. Sometimes it feels best if I take one of my cotton washable pantiliners and fold it into thirds then stick in my underwear where I need it. A little compression goes a long way. I've been curious about what other solutions women here have come up with.

Many of us do not find that our 'celes get worse as the day wears on. When WW posture is really ingrained, and you are mindful throughout the day, this will not necessarily be the case. It happens more often when we have had the kind of a day where good posture can't be or isn't well maintained. I think, first time mama, that you will find the urge to poke around at your 'celes will lessen as you advance through this learning curve, much more efficiently that if you are sticking things in your underwear (to mask the bulge because it bothers or scares you). Just my experience. Give yourself a chance to get used to the feelings of your organs moving around. - Surviving

Ever since Tanglefoot came onto the forum to talk about her particular favorite support garment, it seems we manage to talk about support garments every day now. I am so sad about this because I feel it really dilutes our message. These garments have their time and place for women who have a heavy sort of prolapse such as a profound uterine prolapse or post-surgery prolapse, because there can be times when WW posture and tools don't give them everything they need. For those of us with garden variety cystocele and rectocele, focusing on the wearing of a support garment as a tool for prolapse management is a needless distraction from the very straightforward task at hand. I wish this was not the direction that this forum has taken. - Surviving

So very well put Surviving...I appreciate the redirect.

Snapcracklepop

Tanglefoot,
As far as I am concerned, your last post was an all out advertisement for support garments. You have shown very little to no understanding of Whole Woman, or even any real desire to take it very seriously. Yet, you are here ready to give support garment advice whenever the opportunity arises. It seems to be "all" you want to talk about.
This site is about whole woman, first, always first.
Personally, I don't think you have any desire to talk about whole woman at all, you just found a forum to push your brand of support garments, and that's the real shame here.

I'm new here so I haven't read everything here yet..still reading through it all. I'm just looking for every possible solution that I can think of as long as it all points me in the right direction. I can see a use for a support garment while primarily doing all the postural and breathing work. I don't use my v2 supportor because the hip band is too tight/uncomfortable but i would wear it here and there if it fit right. Yet, it's not like I need it all the time. Just certain times.

I also wear the v2, but I do have a profoundly prolapsed uterus and only started wearing it after I did the whole woman work for quite awhile to see how far I could get with just the work itself. I found after a time there was a need for it on my walks, because I do walk quite a distance, but for every day use I don't see the point of wearing one, and I also think people coming here are going to say to themselves, hey there is this support garment I can wear, instead of giving whole woman the chance it deserves.

Tanglefoot is constantly pushing the support garment issue. I think if she had her way, everyone would be wearing one.

To everyone reading this, work on the posture, do the exercises and walking. Give it a really good chance before wasting your money on support garments. I think you will find the whole woman work really is the best solution for prolapse.