a joke- food related

Body: 

I hope it is OK to send a joke...

Chocolate is a vegetable! How, you ask?
Chocolate is derived from cacao BEANS. Bean = vegetable. Sugar is derived from either sugar CANE or sugar BEETS. Both are plants, which places them in the vegetable category. Thus, Chocolate is a Vegetable!
To go one step further, chocolate candy bars also contain milk, which is dairy. So candy bars are a health food.
Chocolate covered raisins, cherries, orange slices and strawberries all count as fruit, so eat as many as you want.

Forum:

Good one Ivonush,

Fifty years ago when I was a child, ice-cream made from a lot of sugar was advertised as “The Health Food of the Nation”. Sugar is still not considered a problem here by our Heart and Diabetes Councils. In fact, one spokesperson was quoted only last week as saying, “Sugar is just another form of over-consumed calories – easily available and very palatable but not more metabolically deadly than starch or fat calories and certainly not equivalent to alcohol.” No, he wasn’t joking.

If we simply take as the criteria of a bad substance as one that causes mind/mood changes and addiction alone then sugar must be suspect. But it is its metabolic effects that concern me more.

Viva the internet connections, where women can find collaboration for their knowing so that such statements as the one quoted above do not have the influence that the authority of the speaker would otherwise warrant.

Cheers Fab