Prolapsed uterus 23 years old 13 weeks pregnant with baby #2

Body: 

I notice my prolapsed uterus 2 days ago. Went to the ob/gyn yesterday, apparently I have a tilted uterus and the parts that I am feeling is the anterior lip of my cervix and my bladder. I am kind of confused about why this is happening, is it likely that I will have this after my labor. Also how will my labor go. Dr. said it was very mild (nothing is protruding its just at the base of opening) Is this happening because of my tilted uterus? If you could point me into the direction of reading material on things I can do to help I would really apreciated thank you!

Welcome Rdinick,

As you are pregnant everything in your body is growing and loosening to make room for your growing uterus and the baby's needs. This may be why you can feel our cervix. Also, with your uterus being tilted and being 3 months pregnant your uterus may be being squashed down by your sacrum, which may be pushing your bladder and cervix down further into your vagina. Your uterus will pop out the top very soon, and then you will be more comfortable and the growing uterus pushing forward will help to pull your vagina inwards. You might also experience a low cervix at the end of your pregnancy. Cross that bridge if/when you get to it.

You can help your uterus to pop out of the top by doing cat and cow exercises to mobilise your organs and loosen up your spine. You can also rest on elbows and knees on the floor. It is quite a good position for reading. This leaves the uterus hanging from the cervix into your abdomen. One day you will stand up and realise that the heaviness has gone from your vagina, and you suddenly look pregnant.

Doing my jiggling exercise can also help. This is standing up, feet well apart, bent from the hip joints, (not waist), belly between thighs, hands on bent knees. Bend and straighten both knees together or separately, quite quickly, like a shimmy. Do this for ten seconds or so, whenever you feel like it. This will also move your organs and allow them to settle in new places. As you are pregnant, stomach vacuum exercises like nauli and firebreathing will be too extreme for you, but gently movement like these should be fine. Check with your doctor first if you are at special risk. You are not sick. You are just pregnant.

Your posture and maintaining an active bowel are the critical elements of managing prolapse.

Saving the Whole Woman is a great book, which will explain to you lots of things about your body and pelvic organ prolapse POP). There are some excerpts from Christine's videos on Youtube (wholewomaninc), and there are lots of videos to watch at The Village Theatre and Christine's cottage. I don't think there are any specifically about pregnancy but some about posture and POP, food and other things. You can also search these Forums for terms like tilted, tipped, retroverted, etc uterus; and posture.

See you again soon.

Louise

Hi Rdinick,
welcome to the ww site, you've come to the right place! 've not much to add to Louise's full and helpful answer. (I've just tried the 'Louise ww shimmy' - very effective, I love it!) Just to say I've found the site, book and dvd's extremely helpful.
Please do return to the site if you have any more queries along the way.
Best wishes,
wholewomanuk