Newbie/how to do whole woman posture

Body: 

Hi everyone,
I am 49, new to the group and very happy to have found you all. I have a moderate cystocele and mild rectocele that was diagnosed about one year after the birth of my 8 lb 10 oz baby girl in 1996. I was repaired surgically in 2006 (very sorry I didn't know about you all then) Anyway, I am having some relapse and this time was smart enough to jump on the computer to research the subject and here I am.

I bought the DVD First Aid for Prolapse and have viewed it twice. My question is what source is the best information to learn whole woman posture? It is discussed on the DVD but I am wondering if there is an article out there with any drawings? Is Christine's book the only other place? Also, it seems that there are "whole woman" consultants in some cities -- where do I find information on the website about them? Also, where is the best place to learn about firebreathing? Is there some sort of document for newbies that talks about these sorts of things? This website is quite dense with information so I am just trying to navigate it efficiently.

Just want to close by saying "Thank you very much Christine" for all your time and effort on POP. Although I went the surgical route before, I really want to try and avoid future surgery. I have been walking about 45 minutes for the past week and have found that when I go to shower at night and wash between my legs, there is definitely less end of the day sagging. That was a great tip and easy to implement --eager to learn more!
Monica

Hi Monica and welcome! You are right about that, there is a wealth of information here, and it’s hard to know where to start. If you have the video, Christine gives a good demo of the posture using her daughter as model. The key points are to relax the belly, and pull up the chest, so that you have a nice lumbar curve in place. Don’t push the shoulders back. This is all the total opposite of what we’ve always been taught (to pull in the stomach, tuck in the butt, shoulders back…..not!). All this will give your organs a nice place to nestle, in the roundness of the belly. It needs to become a habit, and that doesn’t happen overnight!

The book, Saving the Whole Woman, is a phenomenal read, and gives you the whole story. It’s something you will return to again and again. I would recommend it, if and when you are ready to make another purchase. The book also contains the best description of firebreathing; being able to read it in conjunction with what’s on the video was extremely helpful for me, because it is a bit tricky to learn, but SO worth it.

What kind of surgery did you have? That information will help others offer their suggestions. So glad to have you here, there is no group like this anywhere else! - Surviving

PS: The first small group of trained teachers will complete their studies in May. Most of us don't yet know where they all are (except that just like this forum, they will be all over the globe!) For the most part, we each have to travel this road individually with the extensive help of this website and forum and Christine's amazing body of work. Good luck to you!

Thank you very much for your kind response which was very helpful. I do sense that this is a road to be travelled individually but with the aid of this website and members I feel it is a path worth traveling and hopeful I can do it. Now I just need to sit aside several hours to do a lot of reading! Will look into Christine's book...

Monica