red Raspberry leaf tea-

Body: 

Anyone drink this? i was told during my pregnancy to drink this everday since I had csections and was going for vbac. since it helps the uterus I was wondering if I should drink it again?

Forum:

Hi junehy - I did drink it everyday.
I don't think it helped me but I am certainly a rarity with my birth experience as I had life threatening complications with a complete uterine inversion.
I'm not sure how you would know whether it helps or not as each birth experience is different.

I think june means has anyone tried it as an aid for prolapse rather than during pregnancy.

So the theory was that the tea helps tone the uterus, right? I'd also be interested to know if any non-pregnant forum members have tried this. A little research I'm doing on the web comes up as inconclusive so far.

The Livestrong site suggests it is good for menstrual cramping and heavy bleeding. Apparently it "relaxes smooth muscle" but also "strengthens the uterine muscles".

Worth a try for prolapse?

Well, from my perspective the organs are passive players in prolapse. The active players are the bones, the muscles, and the fascia that wraps the organs and connects them onto the muscles and bones. We use our muscles to pull our bones in certain ways, which in turn pulls the organs along by way of their fascial envelops. Red raspberry may be good for the uterine muscle itself, calming cramps and such, but prolapse is really a structural problem that can only be addressed structurally. Keeping the connective tissue in good shape is really important tho, which is accomplished with an anti-inflammatory diet and healing herbs.