"Torso seated over hip joints"

Body: 

I have been trying to come up with a good way to describe the change that I have been feeling in the last few weeks (I am almost 2 years into WW). I found it in an older thread.

"It is Whole Woman posture that will properly seat your torso over your hip joints." - Christine

Folks, this is about so much more than just prolapse. Anyone who isn't in this for the long haul will miss out on more than they will never know. - Surviving

Forum:

Hi Survivning60,
I couldn't agree more. All of us with prolapse issues are here for the long haul (aka the rest of our lives?) and rather than living the WW way being a curse - it keeps me alert to my health & well being & brought so many benefits to my life that actually that's something that is more than ok - it's a blessing.
To the journey! xwholewomanuk

Yes, the WW work will ultimately be about a lot more than prolapse. Osteoarthritis of the hip joint affects overwhelmingly more women than men...we have a genetically more pronounced lumbar curvature and therefore a greater need to maintain it. Thanks for pointing this out, Surviving.

I have contended with hip and knee pain far longer than I have dealt with my prolapse. I acquired the prolapse one year and half ago. When I discovered it I had it confirmed by my doctor. Having a holistic approach to health care for as long as I can remember my doctor recommended PT for the prolapse. I hung in there for 6 weeks. I found Kegels do not work and the biofeedback gives one a pseudo sense of accomplishment. After doing some research on the internet I found WW. My experience has been that WW Work is "a way of life" in the same way one takes a shower and brushes their teeth. It is not easy to take a posture one is not use to, so consistency and discipline are necessary. For me, the benefits outweigh the effort because my hip and knee pain are rare, as well as, I can manage the symptoms of prolapse. Working in the field of familylife education, teaching and research I can certainly appreciate and admire Christine Kent's outstanding contribution to Woman's Health. Your Book is excellent! Thank you Christine.

Dear Christine, After watching your DVD, "First Aid For Prolapse" a number of times, I noticed that you mentioned that you had found Running to be one of the best ways to move your organs forward as long as one stays in the W.W. Posture. After your uterine prolapse - when did you know the time to start Running?? I ask this because I was considering adding 5 minutes of running to my program as a start. I'm not sure though if this is the right time or not to start. I hae been doing W.W. Work for 2 months. Also, could you tell me how does a 10 lb. weight loss affect the structural support of a woman's Prolapse/Cystecele???? Thanks and many Blessing to you for all your work and information. Their is no value we can put upon it.

Jaylove

Thank you so much for joining us and for your insights. I absolutely agree about biofeedback and will tuck your expressive viewpoint into my cap for future reference. Hip and knee alignment are dependent upon natural lumbar curvature and it is great to hear of another woman whose hip/knee issues have resolved with this work.

Please keep us posted on your progress!

Christine

Hi Jaylove,

First of all, with these sorts of questions I always have to qualify that I am not "a runner". I run very short distances - only a few blocks - but somewhat regularly because I feel we should all, if possible, maintain the ability to run for as long as we can. It's kind of like sitting on the floor - we are much less independent without basic human capacities. I love to run, but something keeps me from becoming "a runner" - it's just too hard - lol.

I had significant UP for many years before I created this work, and I didn't know anything about prolapse except that I wasn't going to cave to more surgery. I would say, use your best judgment and just see how running with long strides in WW posture affects your symptoms. I believe it causes a maximum stretch to the body that can't be gained any other way, pulling the uterus forward and the vaginal walls up.

It has been commented upon in the literature that a sudden and significant weight loss may cause worsening of prolapse symptoms because the fat pads that cushion - primarily the rectum - are somewhat absorbed. The pelvic interior adjusts - more quickly and completely if you are spending time in your natural posture.

Thanks so much for the questions and please let us know how it all goes for you.

Christine

I have had arthritic hips and knees since I can remember. when I was 12 I insisted that my mother take me to an orthopedist, who said it was 'growing pains'. in PT school, my professor quickly diagnosed me with arthritis "of some sort". all my fellow students got a chance to feel my arthitic joints, they crackle and grind, you can even hear it a few feet away. my shoulders too. there were days that I literally could not walk due to the pain.
pg aside, I have had zero episodes like that since starting WW posture. on rainy days I feel a dull ache sometimes, and if I wear high heels I get a few twinges in my hips the next day. I still cannot run without feeling my knees screaming about if after, but otherwise, the joints are quiet. my shoulders act up with PMS, but I taught dh some deep pressure trigger point massage and that helps.

so christine, count me among those whose hip/knee joints are resolving with this work! I still do have 'musical joints' which lets me know that the damage is still there. but at least the pain is gone.

Christine, Thanks so much for the information. I will let everyone know how its going for me later on. I am very grateful for having found this WW website and the forum. I read your book and I continue to go back to it frequently. I continue to learn from forum, book and DVD's as I'm sure everyone here is also. Many thanks to you for bringing this to us.

Jaylove