confused about breathing

Body: 

i have a couple questions....

a)
what is the general rule while doing the breathing excercises on the yoga wheel dvds? i am finding the verbage confusing. for example, when you INHALE do you relax your stomache & when you EXHALE do you contract your stomache?

b)
if i get the inhale/exhale confused & reverse them, will that actually make my prolapse worse?

Forum:

As you go about your day, you don't need to think about this, because your belly is relaxed and your chest pulled up and you are just belly-breathing. But, yes, during specific exercises when you are instructed to do so, you have the correct sequence (inhaling while the belly is expanding, exhaling when you pull everything up and in). Doing it the opposite does cancel out the benefit of this move, and probably does make things worse, so it's best to get this sequence clear in your head. It is confusing at first, you're right about that. - Surviving

thanks! just did the 2nd wheel & now that you simplified the breathing technique for me everything made sense. then, i could relax & focus instead of listening intently to the instructions & wondering if i was doing the breathing correctly. yeah!