Documentary

Body: 

I would highly checkout the Documentary Forks over Knife. It talks about the benefits of a plant based diet in a really wonderful way. It's like reading Christine's chapters on diet with your own personal narrator. It's on hulu for Free!

Forum:

I have to say as a future naturopathic doc and a current holistic nutritionist that I actually recommend paleolithic (caveman-style) eating over vegetarianism. If Christine's work is essentially returning our bodies to a caveman style of movement and posture, then this is the ideal approach to eating to go with it. It is still plant-based but with the removal of inflammation-related lectins found in legumes and grains. And of course with animal proteins which are more effectively absorbed and help in tissue repair and just about everything (provided you haven't burnt the meat on a BBQ generating all kinds of problems). Check out www.robbwolf.com or www.marksdailyapple.com

The part from the film that I found the most interesting was a study done with cancer. Casein is a molecule found in dairy products. A diet with 20% casein turned on cancer growth and a diet 5% casein actually turned off the production of cancer cells.

They even alternated the diets on the same mice every 3 weeks, and the tests were the same. At 20% the cancer cells grew, and at 5% they went away.

As far as prolapse goes, I would be concerned that the meat would not pass through the system well. The average American dies with 10 pounds of undigested beef in their intestine, and all I can see is that weight in the bowel pushing it down and pushing the prolapse out.

It is beneficial for women with prolapse to eat in such a way that leaves them energized, mobile, and keeps their eliminations mobile as well. You are correct when you say that animal proteins are integrated faster, but that doesn't mean plant proteins are not absorbed.

A 6 oz steak has 49.2 grams of protein in it, and 100 grams of soybeans has 35.22 grams of protein. If each oz equals 28 grams, the equal 6 oz proportion would be 168 grams of soybeans. The protein amount in that would be around 59 grams. At just a fraction of the fat intake, and way more potassium than steak, it might be the better option for many people. A person who is 150 lbs. should eat 55 grams of protein per day, and a 200-pound person should get 74 grams. I would say that is is certainly easy to do in a plant based diet.

For me, this discussion brings up the fact that the H. sapiens have been manipulating their food for a very long time - to their benefit. It makes sense that intelligent beings developed intelligent ways of adapting to Nature’s bounty. Through these adaptations, we gained powerful resistance to diseases along with the super-nutrition of many cultivated foods. Alkaloids in fava beans prevent malaria, while lectins in whole wheat dissolve bladder tumors. It is utterly simplistic to dismiss the grains, beans and milks that have raised the world’s civilizations. Powerful and necessary phytoestrogens are *only* found in the plant foods we’ve been consuming and conforming our DNA to for hundreds of generations.

Who would cook beans without soaking them? Only a person who is dislocated from his/her cultural teachings about food. Without knowing what a “lectin” is, humans have always known that castor beans are highly toxic, but cultivated beans are life-sustaining, when prepared properly. Some of the healthiest and long-lived peoples on the planet were the “bean eaters” of the American southwest before the age of white man’s food and diabetes. Corn, beans and squash are the sacred “Three Sisters” of Native American culture. Is it the lectins in these natural foods that are the culprit of inflammatory diseases or the fact that people are losing the protective mucous membrane of their gut? Early humans were extremely intuitive and all cultures developed and balanced foods that led to healthy, anti-inflammatory diets.

Milk needs to be fermented to be healthy in large amounts. Culturing milk breaks down protein (casein) and sugars, making it digestible for most people. Yogurt and fermented cheeses were common foods in many cultures before the age of refrigeration. People have forgotten what real human food is, not to mention how to prepare it.

Now layer on an increasingly toxic environment - much of it nuclear - and eating low on the food chain becomes more important than ever.

Humans are omnivores. There are theories that this quality enabled us to leave the forest and thrive on the savannah grasslands unlike other species that died out. Whether this theory is true or not, what is true is that in every country in the world, people are omnivores.

The vegetarian versus omnivore argument or the vegan versus meat-eater argument surely is something to be listened to and considered by the individual as to what suits their constitutions best to give them the best healthy outcome and peaceful digestion and elimination processes? This takes time and experimentation and information, as has been often talked about on this forum. It is not a quick fix like a tablet and one doubts whether there will ever be developed a one diet suits all, even if cultural and belief systems were placed aside. (Although certain American jails do insist upon a non voluntary no-meat diet for inmates. They claim this policy to have good health reasons, but one can only assume such a policy to be for cheapness and perhaps to aggravate their inmates even more.)

But whatever diet you are trying to forge for yourself there are hidden pitfalls. Modifications have been made to our food for good reasons; for longer life, cheapness and higher yields. There has been a price to pay for this modification in that some of the foods we have today are different to those of the past. And so, when we compare ancient foods to our modern foods we are not necessarily talking about the same thing.

Cheers Fab

Dear Gumboots

Welcome to WW. I’m glad to hear that you have found what diet works best for you. This is truly a major step to improve any form of pelvic organ prolapse. Once you receive Christine’s book you will see that diet and its implications for POP are taken quite seriously and industriously. As in every area of interest to Pop, Christine has done her thinking and her research. Plus, she is very tolerant of questions and input from forum members. It’s not so much a matter of dining table entertainment, but a gathering of minds and sharing of information to help each other who for various reasons have dietary difficulties which impact upon their POP. I’m sure you will be happy here.

It is important to start Whole Woman posture as soon as you can. WW Posture is the basis of Christine’s method (if I may call it that). This (together with exercises and fire breathing) is what lifts the prolapsed organ back up and forward to where it belongs. You can find out quite a bit on these subjects here under Frequently asked Questions, and the videos under the Resources heading, until such time as your book and DVD arrive.

Cheers Fab

Yes, it seems that whenever there is a vegetarian around a dinner table, there MUST be a discussion about ALL kinds of meat, and ALL kinds of ways of cooking it, and ALL the "wind" vegetarians must have, and how ALL the cows would like, just like, totally OVERRUN the human population if we like didn't eat them ;) oh yes, my vegetarian sister, I know what you're talking about hahaha =) and now back to serious conversation.......

Ah, but what about iron? It is a different story then! Forget the chicken. Forget the legumes. Go for red meat, but in moderation. Iron is stored in the liver for a long time. Remember that a large portion of our blood is red because of the high iron content of haemoglobin, which carts nutrients and oxygen around the body to the organs.

And about the average dead American with 6lb of animal protein in their gut. With that amount of animal protein necrosing inside their gut, is it any wonder that they are dead?

Yes, I take your point about meat taking longer than vegetable matter to go through the gut, but I think it is more to do with the lack of vegetable matter than the large amount of meat. If the dead person had eaten more vegetable matter there wouldn't be room for all that meat, and they wouldn't have been that constipated because it had all glugged up inside them.

You can die a nasty death with nothing but a lot of grass in your gut too. I would think your gut would probably have jet propelled farts and poos, and die of malnutrition.

It is really about balance. I don't think there are any proper foods that should be eliminated from our diet. What constitutes a proper food? Something that doesn't cause pain and suffering after eating it. For some reason some people can eat almost anything, while others can only eat a narrow variety of foods without causing some sort of inflammation.

What is a balanced diet? A very varied vegetable material-based diet, with enough protein from various sources, and the animal portion eating a high quality, plant, not grain, based diet. Yes, even pigs (if you eat them), which need a diet very similar to our own. Variety is paramount.

if you need to look at the ingredients list, it's probably not food.

Yes, you are spot on! Especially if you can't pronounce any "ingredients", or they contain numbers! Great, simple guidance =)