Taekwondo Anyone?

Body: 

One of my grief issues was (thinking at least) that I feel suddenly like an "old" mom with my 13 year old youngest son. Sam was adopted from Kazakhstan at 3 and is a bit delayed. He is a great kid and we had planned on taking Taekwondo together as soon as we were able.

He started last night while I watched closely. I want to take some with him to help him practice at home. Today, I was trying to help him with his footwork, but because I just watched, but didn't do, I really dont know how to do the spins and such. I am a very kinesthetic learner.

Does anyone know if the Taekwondo forms done from a WW posture (it appears to be a very good relaxed posture) would be beneficial? I would see if I could just learn the foot work without the fighting / throwing part.

Thoughts?
Chappie J

Forum:

I suggest you speak to the Taikwando teacher about just doing the footwork. No doubt your son will want to get into throws soon, and he will get much bigger and stronger than he is now. It might be better if you don't learn the throws!!

You will eventually be able to work out for yourself what will work, and what will not, by monitoring symptoms, eg the sensations in your vulva. I have found I can do almost anything I used to do, but I try now not to hurry, so I can control my movements and take things in my own time. It is when I am forced to react (eg martial arts??) or when I am in a hurry, that I do things that I later regret.

We all have temporary setbacks on this journey, which can be alarming at the time, but as long as we get back to doing things the correct way, we are back to normal in a few days. Once you learn to trust your body again these setbacks are less unsettling.

Louise